PDA

View Full Version : 7100T question

offroadkarter
01-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Newb here, have a question.

I have a 7100T, and i'd like to change the photo's in the BB photo album. I would also like to add a new background after i get new pics. Now heres the catch. My 7100T is deactavated, because i got it through my sisters boyfriend who works at enterprise, and since no one claimed it in 30 days, i kept it. So this does not email, internet browser, IM's or any internet at all. If there is a way to connect for free through a WIFI server, let me know. Basically ive been putting some aps on like Ascendo photo V2.41 (the real version). I like it, but i cant set background's through it.

Does anyone know there i can get a free or trial version program to set my own background? Or can you do it with the desktop manager?

Thanks!

I have a pic of it, but because of the spam blocker i cant post. Ill just get 10 posts

John Clark
01-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the forums....
Without a data plan you can't get pics/ringtones to the phone. However, that being said, someone on here said they had success with a program called phonepix and berrytunes but I've not tried it myself.

offroadkarter
01-12-2007, 09:16 AM
I believe i saw that phone pics and berry tunes somewhere. I fount a non OTA background program, but no trial, so i couldnt get it for free :(

offroadkarter
01-12-2007, 09:32 AM
one other question, can blackberries connect to the internet through wifi? Or is there a program so you can connect through wifi? Or one in the works? If so, i could download these things.

John Clark
01-12-2007, 12:37 PM
No wifi on BB's. There was supposedly an older model (not real popular) that used wifi only I think.

The 8800/8900 that is coming out this year is rumored to have wifi capability.

offroadkarter
01-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Dang. Wont be seeing internet anytime soon on my 7100 then. Although i am really considering getting a real activated blackberry. I like it alot. Either a BB, or the LG XV 6100 Pocket PC.