PDA

View Full Version : Multiple deletions

bagsy
04-07-2005, 09:24 AM
On my 7100t I press the green key to to reveal a call log with loads of numbers. How can I delete them in one go rather than one by one?

WNO
04-07-2005, 04:06 PM
One way is to connect to the Desktop Manager, go to Backup/Restore, (do a backup for insurance), click on the Advanced button, and clear the Phone Call Logs in the handheld database list.

bagsy
04-08-2005, 03:04 AM
Thanks - what I would really like to do is delete them all direct from the 7100t without using Desk Top Manager - maybe by holding down a key to highlight them all and then pressing Del.

Maybe there is a way you can do this by holding down a key, using the trackwheel to highlight all logged calls and then press Del?

PhilMax
04-08-2005, 07:49 AM
You can select multiple entries by holding the Shift key and scrolling with the thumbwheel. Then hit the del key.

WNO
04-08-2005, 11:47 PM
PhilMax' suggestion is a good one, but I should point out that if you go to the call log through the link on the home screen, it will probably put you into the phone application. And for 7100 users, that means you won't be able to press the shift key without dialing a "#."

You probably already know this, but the solution is to go to the messages screen, click the trackwheel, go to "view folder," and then select the "phone call logs" folder (there might be a shortcut; I can't remember most of them). From there, the shift-to-select thing should work like a charm.

Hirsch
04-13-2005, 06:07 PM
PhilMax' suggestion is a good one, but I should point out that if you go to the call log through the link on the home screen, it will probably put you into the phone application. And for 7100 users, that means you won't be able to press the shift key without dialing a "#."

You probably already know this, but the solution is to go to the messages screen, click the trackwheel, go to "view folder," and then select the "phone call logs" folder (there might be a shortcut; I can't remember most of them). From there, the shift-to-select thing should work like a charm.
That doesn't work!

WNO
04-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Hmm...it should work, at least if you're on a 7100. If you're viewing the "phone call logs" folder, and not the just call log in the phone app, I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to select multiple items by holding the shift button and rotating the trackwheel.

NJBlackBerry
04-13-2005, 09:34 PM
From the messages screen, press <ALT> P; the call logs will appear. Scroll to the top (date), click the wheel and select Delete Prior.

WNO
04-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Well, sure, if you want to do it the smart way. :)
Thanks for the tip! (Though, personally, I like to keep my call data).