PDA

View Full Version : BB 7230 JVM Error 203

schneiderphoto
01-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post and I'm hoping that someone can help me out.

I have a 7230 and a few months ago while it was charging the screen went blank and "JVM Error 203" came up.

I have read that if you connect it to the computer and then back up, erase, and reinstall it should work.

well i try connecting it but the desktop program freezes everytime and then won't connect - even though it finds the connection as usb...it freezes right after that.

I read in another post that there is a java script to run..i downloaded it and it won't open on my computer.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated b/c i love this phone and I can't stand using the free phone i got from tmobile recently.

Thanks a bunch ahead of time!
Mel

NJBlackBerry
01-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Welcome to BB Forums.

You need to completely wipe out your BB and reload it. I hope you have a recent backup.

The program to wipe out a BlackBerry is called "JL_CMDER" - search for it on this board and you will find it. Use JL_CMDER to wipe out the BB. The BB will now show a "507" error code indicating it has been wiped out.

You will need to locate and download the latest 7230 Handheld OS code available from your carrier. After downloading it to your PC< execute the downloaded program.

Locate and delete VENDOR.XML from your PCs C: drive.

Start Desktop Manager and it will reload the 7230.

Good luck.