PDA

View Full Version : Saving files and pictures

vpalmeri
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Hello All,

I LOVE my now second BB in six months. I have been a PDA user for a couple years now. There are a couple features that i can not seem to find or get working with my BB. I now have the 7100r and can not seem to see how do I 'sync' a personal folder from my PC to my BB with pictures and or files in it i want to have with my on my BB. Is this even possible? Or do I have to accept this as the ONLY thing I am frustrated with and living without by using a BB?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,

V

Oncoryncus
04-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Emailing them to your Blackberry should be easy enough!

(Sorry Bfrye, I couldn't resist :smile: )

Take a look at this thread for the inside joke:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=6114

vpalmeri
04-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Dang... i was really hoping i overlooked another alternative!! Data prices are through the roof for high volume data transfer from BB to PC and back. Thanks anyway... love the inside joke... even if it was at my expense... <smiles>

V

Oncoryncus
04-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Well, your timing was impeccable. It seems the only way to get data of any type onto your Blackberry is through an email attachment or saved off of the browser. I think this is an oversight or lack of foresight on RIM's behalf. (or they're getting a portion of the carriers data charges :-o )

Thanks for playing the straightman! (person)

vpalmeri
04-07-2005, 01:23 PM
I KNOW i am not the only one that thinks that the data charges (for Rogers BB Data plan) our INSANE. Maybe, if we all get vocal enough that could change. And maybe, you are close to the truth that BB gets a kick back on data charges. We are now hooked on the BB and won't give it up no matter what (at least that is me).

V 8-)

Oncoryncus
04-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Ahhh, another crackberry addict. I doubt very much that the CRTC would allow RIM to get a slice of Rogers fee's, in return for the features of the device driving bandwidth revenue, but who knows?

I love a conspiracy.