PDA

View Full Version : Seidio Skins on the 7100i

lord_jefe
01-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Well, over the weekend, I managed to crack the beltclip off my beloved Seidio holster on my 7100i. There is no question of replacing it with another Seidio (of course I will). The question I have is about the skins. I'm intrigued by the idea of the skin, but what if I hate it? Will it still fit the skinned holster naked? And if it does, will the sleeper magnet work, and will it rattle? Anybody try it in the skin holster without the skin?

Oh -- and I know the Seidio holster has a warranty. It's only for six months, and mine is 10 months old -- which is a record for me. I'm hard on holsters & phones.

seidioseidio
01-15-2007, 12:33 PM
The question I have is about the skins. I'm intrigued by the idea of the skin, but what if I hate it?

Not sure what to tell you here. I'm currently using our skin and holster combo on my Treo and love it, but some people don't like the added bulk. It's really a matter of personal preference.

Will it still fit the skinned holster naked?

Unfortunately not. It will not hold the naked 7100i because of the skin's added thickness. It would not only rattle around, but might actually fall out.

triregion
01-15-2007, 04:04 PM
After owning and loving the Seidio holster for my 7100i for a few months I decided to order the skin and skin holster combo. Personally I didn't like the added bulk or feel of the skin so I returned the set back for a refund and continue to use my original Seidio holster with my phone. I though about keeping the skinned holster and only returning the skin. So I did a side by side comparison of the two and it was clear the skinned holster was too large for a secure fit without the skin so I sent the combo back. If my original Seidio holster ever breaks, I will order a replacement that same day. It's GREAT!

lord_jefe
01-16-2007, 01:08 PM
I took a good look at my 7100i, and realized that with all the scratches & dings, a new skin wouldn't make much of a difference. Maybe I'll try it later if I need to swap out with NextHell. I ordered a replacement for the original holster yesterday. Whey mess with what you know works?