PDA

View Full Version : blackberry 7230 will not unlock

CalSims42
01-17-2007, 06:07 AM
Hello,

I have a blackberry 7230 that will not allow me to unlock it. U can enter the PIN as many times as u like, but it reverts back to the unlock screen and always says "3 left." At one time it did unlock, but said "Invalid SIM Card." The SIM card works in any other phone, so I don't know what it is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx ....................CalSims

martin_j001
01-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Is this the sim card PIN that you are trying to get past, or the lock on the device itself? If its the lock code for the device itself, it should have wiped all its data and allowed you to "start over" if you've attempted to enter the wrong passcode more than 10 times.... Sounds to me like the os may have a bug or something....

CalSims42
01-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Ok,

I entered the PIN 3 times wrong and was able to reset it after entering the PUK. Now I get the error "Invalid SIM Card." But the SIM card works in any cell phone. Any ideas?

Thanx.......CalSims

evilcaptain
01-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I usually see this when you use a sim card on an unlocked phone ( a phone that was manufactured for a GSM provider like TMO or cingular). So for instance, you are using a TMO sim card in a BB that is locked by cingular. In this case, you will need to have the bb unlocked. This is different than the PIN you are using to unlock the phone which is a security lock and not a device provider lock.

John Clark
01-17-2007, 10:51 AM
In order to unlock the phone to use other carrier sim cards you need to obtain an unlock code from the carrier, TMo. If you can't do that then you'll need to use a reputable unlocking service like GSMphonesource.com. Once you've obtained an unlock code go to Options >Sim Card >type mepd. Next to Network it will say "active" (that means the phone is locked to a carrier.) Then type mep2. You will then be prompted for the unlock code you obtained from the carrier or unlocking service. You only get 10 attempts before the phone is locked forever.