PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone found a way to install software that isn't available over the air?

lilyblossom
01-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

I'm desperately trying to find a way to install software into my Pearl thath is not already available OTA. I have even tried creating my own .jad files and posting it on my own webserver but they just display as text files on the BlackBerry.

Has anyone found a way to get software installed usinh a Mac? Even Virtual PC doesn't work (it locks up when I connect the BlackBerry).

Doe info, I have a Pearl.

Thanks,

Phillip

John Clark
01-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I am not really the guy for mac answers but it seems like I've heard of a program called "BootCamp." If I have my mac facts straight you can use it to run the desktop manager. Otherwise you need to find a PC for loading programs and OS upgrades.

wclyffe
01-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

I'm desperately trying to find a way to install software into my Pearl thath is not already available OTA. I have even tried creating my own .jad files and posting it on my own webserver but they just display as text files on the BlackBerry.

Has anyone found a way to get software installed usinh a Mac? Even Virtual PC doesn't work (it locks up when I connect the BlackBerry).

Doe info, I have a Pearl.

Thanks,

Phillip

PocketMac4 has an install feature in the Utilities Menu.

lilyblossom
01-18-2007, 04:54 PM

Hi,

Can't get pocket Mac to work, it connects to the device and then hangs every time.
Also, Boot camp is intel only so doesn't work for me, thanks for the suggestions though.
Phillip