PDA

View Full Version : 7510 simulator establishing HttpConnection without MDS started!!!

berrypicker@span
04-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi all,
I was testing a simple application that is creating the a HttpConnection(this is a midp2.0 MIDlet) and in the docs/message boards I read that to make HttpConnections work I have to make sure that the MDS simulator is up as well.I am using 7510 simulator to test. To my surprise I noticed that even though I did not start the MDS simulator 7510 could create the HttpConnection and get responses, so What is exactly happening here?
I checked though that the browser is not able to access net with MDS simulator not started,I am baffled please explain.
Thanks a bunch in advance

greenhut
04-08-2005, 02:01 PM
It's using the WAP BWC emulation, but not sure why the browser isnt working the same way...

berrypicker@span
04-09-2005, 04:58 AM
I am not using the WAP specific string along with the url so I was thinking that it should not use the WAP thingie, here also I am not sure what BWC emulation in 7510 means, I am still pretty much of a newbie can anyone please explain how can I make the simulator to channel all the HttpConnection through MDS simulator only? This will help to have a better grasp of the actual flow.

By the way here's the Httpconnection command I am using in my code:-

conn = (HttpConnection) Connector.open(http://10.10.10.143/scripts/jvlogin.asp?drid=jason&pass=driver&GrndRouteFlg=N);

waiting for all your replies....Thanks in advance!

greenhut
04-09-2005, 06:26 AM
Try adding ";deviceside=false" to the end of the url you are hitting.

berrypicker@span
04-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Seems adding ";deviceside=false" is working, thanks for that suggestion can you please explain what does adding this parameter signify ?
And also MDS simulator seems to be very intermittent it fails every 1 out of 3 requests why is this so?
Thanks to all once again

arconsulting
04-12-2005, 08:50 PM
BlackBerry devices on the Nextel network (i.e. 6510, 7510, 7520) can communicate via tcp in one of two ways: direct and proxy. The "deviceside=" setting tells the device whether to use direct (tcp via Nextel) or proxy (tcp via BES/MDS).