PDA

View Full Version : Problems W/ BWS?

HI-Tek
04-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Hello All, I recently bought the 7100g with Cingular and I will say amazing little device. Definitely has made me more productive.
This is my first post/thread, but unfortunately it's to diagnose a problem

I'm In the DC area and for the past couple of days, I've been having problems receiving emails. Since I am a small business, I have just decided to forward all my emails to mycingular.blackberry.net email address. It's been working brilliantly, but lately, the emails are very delayed or I'm not getting them at all. I know I'm getting a copy, 'cause when I sign into the www.cingular.com/blackberry they are in my inbox, but for some reason, they are not reaching my handheld. The only way I can get them is when I "reboot" the handheld (removing the battery). And even then, I don't get all of them. Do i have a defective unit? Or is something not right with the web client? I've been on hold with cingular tech support, but it's been almost 45 minutes and I'm still on hold. I wonder if others are having problems. FYI, this mostly happens when I leave the Metro (subway) where there is no signal. It will register with the tower and show the GPRS (in caps), but I will not receive emails, but when I get to my office I have several in my inboxes (work and web client on the cingular.com site)

Thanks for any input.
This is a great site for a great device!

jbairdjr
04-08-2005, 09:08 AM
I have notice mail delays for the last couple of days. On Saturday, they merged the old ATT blackberry clients with the Cingular ones. I imagine the merger (collision) is causing a few problems.
my mail has been timely today, however.

HI-Tek
04-08-2005, 09:21 AM
update to my earlier post, I spoke with Cingular blackberry tech support and they said that Blackberry is having problems with their web client, and they have
"escalated" the situation. They are expecting resolution in 24hrs...
hope it's true!