PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye everyone & 8100 :(

secrecyguy
01-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I just got a notice that I will be losing my "career job" by the end of this month.

That means I will also get rid of my Blackberry 8100 which I will put up on Ebay soon. I don't want to spend extra $20 per month for it. I know we not allow to put Ebay auctions here so I will only link you to my user name on Ebay. eBay My World - secrecyguy (http://myworld.ebay.com/secrecyguy) . I will just go back using a cheap cell phone.

I just want to say that it was great being here. I feel welcome here and be a part of the Blackberry "family".

I will continue coming here until I work my last day.

So after I work my last day, I will just file for unemployment, put my 8100 on Ebay, and take a vacation. I haven't took a vacation for a very long time. I will also finish up my college which I should be done end of this semester.

Now I am back looking for job again. It probably will be another year before I get another "career job".

Also the comparison chart will no longer be updated anymore.

It was great being here and I hope to come back here again someday in the future.

John Clark
01-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Well, thats a bummer!
Remember though, when one door closes, another one opens. It sounds cliche, but it really is true. I know this from personal experience.

Good luck in your future endeavors...

John

bradhs
01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey Secretguy,

Sad to here you leaving, but it sounds like a little time off while be relaxing. Where in Southern California do you live?

Bradley

phillyslickster
01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
That just means that there's a better opportunity waiting for you elsewhere. Good luck in your endeavors!!

SHRXTC
01-20-2007, 12:46 PM
secrecyguy,

Sorry to hear what happened.
Hang in there.
Enjoy your vacation and it's a good thing that you can finish up school.
Just to let you know, your chart really helped me decide to get the BB8100.
I must've looked at that chart hundred times to compare the different units.
Thanks & Good Luck!!!

AlwaysOn607
01-20-2007, 12:56 PM
At one time, T-Mo did not require the data plan for a blackberry. You could still use your blackberry as a phone and have the calendar / address functions for the same monthly cost as a "cheap" phone. You might want to see if T-Mo will still do this. Maybe you could just go online and change your service and see if it works.

foner
01-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Good luck, sec! In all that you do.
Cheers!

Michbb
01-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes Tmo Does allow you have the blackberry without a data plan.

My wishes to you Sec and your family.

li2327
01-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Wirelessly posted (7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Good luck to you. This just mean that you were meant to be doing something else. Hang in there.

kasperapd
01-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear this, but good luck to you with finding something better.

aiharkness
01-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Don't say goodbye....It's see you later. Hope it's soon.

moosehead
01-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I just got a notice that I will be losing my "career job" by the end of this month.

That means I will also get rid of my Blackberry 8100 which I will put up on Ebay soon. I don't want to spend extra $20 per month for it. I know we not allow to put Ebay auctions here so I will only link you to my user name on Ebay. eBay My World - secrecyguy (http://myworld.ebay.com/secrecyguy) . I will just go back using a cheap cell phone.

I just want to say that it was great being here. I feel welcome here and be a part of the Blackberry "family".

I will continue coming here until I work my last day.

So after I work my last day, I will just file for unemployment, put my 8100 on Ebay, and take a vacation. I haven't took a vacation for a very long time. I will also finish up my college which I should be done end of this semester.

Now I am back looking for job again. It probably will be another year before I get another "career job".

Also the comparison chart will no longer be updated anymore.

It was great being here and I hope to come back here again someday in the future.

Sorry to hear about your job. I want to thank u for your great contributions. I believe u helped me troubleshoot an issue when I first became a member. Thank you.

Spankypoo
01-21-2007, 02:52 AM
As insensitive as this may be, am I the only taxpayer who's bothered by someone planning on collecting unemployment while on vacation/at college?

gziz
01-21-2007, 03:31 AM
i agree with poo, im paying for this guy to live when hes fully capable of getting a job

MooseBerry
01-21-2007, 04:05 AM
secrecydude, you take care of yourself, get straightened out with school and work, and we'll be here when you come back.

Take care! 8-)

Dodge DeBoulet
01-21-2007, 09:38 AM
As insensitive as this may be, am I the only taxpayer who's bothered by someone planning on collecting unemployment while on vacation/at college?

For those in the US . . . I'm not aware of how unemployment compensation is handled in other countries.

1. Unless you're an employer (or an employee in a few select states), you don't pay an unemployment "tax." Getting huffy over a perceived abuse of your taxes doesn't make sense when you're not actually paying for the abuse in question.

2. Don't be so quick to judge. I have been employed continuously since 1977. Every company I've worked for in all that time expanded their workforce (enabled, to some extent, by my contributions) and thereby contributed more money into my home state's unemployment insurance pool. If I somehow become unemployed through no fault of my own, I'm damn well entitled to take advantage of the situation, at least within reason.

li2327
01-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Everyone is entitled to unemployment if they have worked for a period of time. Unemployment is there to help you when you're no longer working. No one can say that anyone is taking advantage if they collect unemployment after loosing there job. He posted because he was no longer going to use his bb so why is he being convicted?

ajmatson
01-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Things happen for a reason. You will find better things from this. Good Luck.

secrecyguy
01-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey Secretguy,

Sad to here you leaving, but it sounds like a little time off while be relaxing. Where in Southern California do you live?

Bradley

I am originally from the Los Angeles County but I am now living in Santa Barbara area.

I will move back to Los Angeles County in July. For now, I will work the last remaining days and than file for unemployment. I just do some traveling and visit different places in Santa Barbara area.

secrecyguy
01-21-2007, 11:32 AM
secrecyguy,

Sorry to hear what happened.
Hang in there.
Enjoy your vacation and it's a good thing that you can finish up school.
Just to let you know, your chart really helped me decide to get the BB8100.
I must've looked at that chart hundred times to compare the different units.
Thanks & Good Luck!!!

Your welcome! :) I am glad that my comparison chart help you out. I always keep updating it all the time with corrections and just recently did some re-formating of the chart so it will look more organized.

secrecyguy
01-21-2007, 11:41 AM
i agree with poo, im paying for this guy to live when hes fully capable of getting a job

I knew someone will end up criticizing me.

So I decided to respond back.

The requirements to get unemployment is, you have to look for a job and prove it. So when I collect unemployment, I have to continue looking for a job. The unemployment will only last for 6 months only. (at least in California)

They are very strict when you collect unemployment. They do that to make sure no one try to take advantage of it.

I have some money saved up just in case they want to dispute something and if there's a delay in the unemployment check.

As for your taxes, if you don't get yourself fired, the company I used to work for have to put in a certain percentage into your unemployment check. I am not sure how much it is.

Before I got the job where I am at, it took me almost a year before I got a "career job". So it's not easy to get a job.

If you find it easy to get a job than all powers to you. Some people are incapable to get a job as easy as you can.

secrecyguy
01-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the kinds words here. I hope to get another "career job" soon and I hope to be back here again in the future.

AlwaysOn607
01-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Secrecyguy, we do really appreciate all you have done. Your posts and comparison chart have helped many here.

If you note my earlier post, you could stay with your BB and with us, just lose the data plan for now. You aren't going to be able to sell your Pearl for much.

Please DO go back to school. Your English skills, at least in your writing, could use some tweaking. It could help you find that "career job" sooner. I mean no offense; just trying to help you.

secrecyguy
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Ok... this is my last day here. It was great being here. I hope to come back here again and see everyone here again in the future.

My phone is now ebay. You can click on the link from my first post. It will only take you to my account since we are not allow to post ebay auctions here. Once you are at my account, from there you should know where to go to get to my auction.

ndub33
01-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Come back soon...you'll be missed!

K-Mack
01-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Good luck bud. 8-)

Liv
01-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Good luck sweetie!

I hope all works out well for you. I will be saying a prayer for your next steps.

Come back and see us here and there.