PDA

View Full Version : RBT-2010 Bluetooth GPS Receiver won't connect

roofus
01-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Has anyone been able to get the Seidio Bluetooth RBT 2010 (SirF Star III chipset) GPS receiver to work with BB Maps and a BB.

I have paired it with my Bell Mobility BB 8703e but it keeps giving me an error message when trying to use BB Maps.

When I click <Start GPS>, the BB says "Connecting to BDCF5E"

The light indicator on the unit flashes green indicating it has found a satellite. Then

the indicator on the receiver flashes blue (about 6-7 times) indicating it received the bluetooth signal from the BB . . . . then nothing happens for a few seconds and then I get the message:

"No GPS from Bluetooth device. Check device settings"

I tried adjusting <Location Base Services> in the <Option> menu but it seemed to have no effect.

The only thing I can think of is that the receiver is defective but I wanted to exhaust all options before sending in back.

Any suggestions appreciated.

seidioseidio
01-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Has anyone been able to get the Seidio Bluetooth RBT 2010 (SirF Star III chipset) GPS receiver to work with BB Maps and a BB.

I have paired it with my Bell Mobility BB 8703e but it keeps giving me an error message when trying to use BB Maps.

When I click <Start GPS>, the BB says "Connecting to BDCF5E"

The indicator on the receiver flashes blue indicating it received the signal from the BB . . . . then nothing happens for a few seconds and then I get the message:

"No GPS from Bluetooth device. Check device settings"

I tired adjusting <Location Base Services> in the <Option> menu but it seemed to have no effect.

The only thing I can think of is that the receiver is defective but I wanted to exhaust all options before sending in back.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Please call 832-204-1118 Monday and ask for Kelvin. He is one of our best technical support people and can help you.

Thanks

roofus
01-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks!

I will

ratac
02-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi roofus,

I'm having a nearly identical problem and was just wondering if your Siedio RBT 2010 GPS unit did, in fact, turn out to be defective. Mine has performed flawlessly for eight months, but recently seems to be caput (two months beyond warrenty replacement, unfortunately...bought a spare battery and everything, ack!). It still connects via bluetooth, but I get a "no valid GPS signal" message from my handheld.

Hope you had some good luck with yours and thanks in advance for your reply.

A.T.

Stinsonddog
02-11-2007, 11:32 AM
You all should be aware that certain programs can change the GPS settings on the unit and you have to reset it. This can be hard with this unit. You in essense have to short it out. For example, after connecting to Telenav it's really hard for me to get Wayfinder to work. Unfortunately the links I have are on my PC at work.

ratac
02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Hmmm, thanks. That's good to know. Maybe something like that has happened to my RBT 2010 - Though, I've only ever used it with one GPS nav program.

I'd appreciate your posting of those links next time you're at work.

Thanks again,

A.T.

roofus
02-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi roofus,

I'm having a nearly identical problem and was just wondering if your Siedio RBT 2010 GPS unit did, in fact, turn out to be defective. Mine has performed flawlessly for eight months, but recently seems to be caput (two months beyond warrenty replacement, unfortunately...bought a spare battery and everything, ack!). It still connects via bluetooth, but I get a "no valid GPS signal" message from my handheld.

Hope you had some good luck with yours and thanks in advance for your reply.

A.T.

I never got my RBT 2010 working. I haven't however had the time to call the support number at Seidio 832-204-1118 so maybe they can get it going for me.

I will also try Stinsonddog's suggestions when I get a chance and will report back.

Stinsonddog
02-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Take a look at this:

GpsPasSion Forums - About to ditch Royaltek - Can't get a fix..fixed ! (http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51413)

Make sure you give it quite a bit of time for the first fix. Do it outdoors. Leave the receiver outside and sip some wine or coffee. First fix takes a while.

roofus
02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I think I'll try it sitting on the windows sill. It's 10 degrees F here!

ratac
02-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the replies Stintsonddog and Roofus.

Tried the very invasive (for me) foray into the guts of my rbt-2010 suggested by jav at the following link:

GpsPasSion Forums - SiRFdemo tutorial (advanced configuration) (http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25575&whichpage=13)

Scroll to near the bottow of the page and look for his post with the accompanying picture.

Not for the faint of heart as taking the thing apart is a bit of a chore.

This fix seems to have worked for others, but no dice for me.

Will try the other fixes related to taking precautions to insure unobstructed signal while obtaining a cold fix, but I've never had the slightest bit of problem with this before and nothing has really changed, so I'm starting to think my rbt-2010 has breathed its last.

Thanks again,

A.T.

Stinsonddog
02-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the replies Stintsonddog and Roofus.

Tried the very invasive (for me) foray into the guts of my rbt-2010 suggested by jav at the following link:

GpsPasSion Forums - SiRFdemo tutorial (advanced configuration) (http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25575&whichpage=13)

Scroll to near the bottow of the page and look for his post with the accompanying picture.

Not for the faint of heart as taking the thing apart is a bit of a chore.

This fix seems to have worked for others, but no dice for me.

Will try the other fixes related to taking precautions to insure unobstructed signal while obtaining a cold fix, but I've never had the slightest bit of problem with this before and nothing has really changed, so I'm starting to think my rbt-2010 has breathed its last.

Thanks again,

A.T.

That is what I had been looking for and could not find. Glad you found it,but sorry it did not work. I fixed the link.

roofus
02-13-2007, 07:14 AM
I tried that too. Now I have gone a step backward because the green light won't flash so it can't find a satillite. What a piece of crap. I threw it in the bin, where it belongs.

Can anyone recommend a GPS receiver that works?

seidioseidio
02-13-2007, 10:21 AM
I tried that too. Now I have gone a step backward because the green light won't flash so it can't find a satillite. What a piece of crap. I threw it in the bin, where it belongs.

Can anyone recommend a GPS receiver that works?

Did you try speaking to Kelvin? He's very good and should be able to get you taken care of. He can at least troubleshoot the receiver and see if it's defective and needs a replacement.

Thanks