PDA

View Full Version : sim card error

Alxcab
01-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I keep getting "sim card error" on my 8700c when I'm using the internet, it only goes away after I turn off the phone and power it back up. What could be causing it?

carl rifkind
01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
have you tried taking the card out and reinserting it? did you drop the phone recently?

Alxcab
01-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Phone has not been dropped and I have removed the sim card to make sure it was clean and everything was dusted off. Phone works fine, it just randomly shows that error while online.

Sk8Surfr
01-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Phone has not been dropped and I have removed the sim card to make sure it was clean and everything was dusted off. Phone works fine, it just randomly shows that error while online.

Normal IMO

In all the BB 8700's ive had i get that error every now and then. SIM somewhat gets moved and loses connection.

Then again, i've had a lot bc the refurbs they send are CRAP.

CBR900RR
01-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Happen before on my old NOKIA phone, I take it down to a tmobile store and all they did was using a pencil eraser and rub on the sim card contact and after that every thing is fine, they told me is the corrosion on the contact.

takeshi
01-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Interesting, this isn't normal in my experience. One of my 8700c's is from inital release. The other is newer but neither one behaves in this manner. None of our corporate deployed 8700c/g's behave like this either.

Alxcab
01-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Interesting, this isn't normal in my experience. One of my 8700c's is from inital release. The other is newer but neither one behaves in this manner. None of our corporate deployed 8700c/g's behave like this either.

Then my problem is not the BB itself but rather the sim card. I'll clean it out as mentioned and hope it helps. If not, my friend works at cingular and she'll help me out with a new card if that's what's causing the error.