PDA

View Full Version : Backberry Crashes

Mr. Sinatra
01-23-2007, 08:15 PM
My bbry literally crashes every couple of days as I am in the middle of usual tasks like typing e-mails or using the browser. I have cingular-branded firmware (4.1) That I installed couple of times the problem still persists. I am contemplating going to different carrier's firmware (my phone is unlocked). Every once in a while I will get "buffer overflow" messages and os will kill the app, which is find, but I HATE when the phone literally reboots on me as I am in the middle of my e-mail. Any suggestions? Thank you.

nathanbb
01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
that happen to me when I use web brower and email at same time
try not to use 2 things that use the internet at the same time
for example going to use the t zone and internet brower at the same time is going to screw it up

Treokiller
01-23-2007, 08:51 PM
It sounds to me that your phone may actually have a processor problem. If your phone reboots itself every time you use a certain application there is bound to be a difficulty with the sharing of the processor in that certain application. Did you get the phone used or from a reputable source? Damage may have occurred in an accident. If you have ever dropped it, that could also be the problem. It does have a processor like a computer so it is like dropping a desktop computer and then hoping it will work completely. Hopefully that isn't the case but it may be.

blakeatl
01-24-2007, 09:55 AM
An OS upgrade may do the trick too. The older .42 version crashed a lot on me.
Once I upgraded, I never had a crash again.