PDA

View Full Version : 8800 and "Swordfish" on O2 UK

bswimmer
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Just been speaking with O2's retentions department and they inform me that the 8800 is due on the 5th March.

However, curiously, I was also told about the BlackBerry "Swordfish". Due to be released in early May.

Any ideas what the swordfish is? I can't find any reference to it online, so perhaps it's just an O2 internal codename...

(apologies for the double post, I mistakingly submitted this to the 8700 forum but couldn't figure out how to delete it!)

BBAdmin
01-24-2007, 03:07 PM
This is about right in terms of a launch date. There is no exclusivity in the UK for those of you on other networks, though I can't divulge carrier names!

I have an idea what O2 may believe the Swordfish to be, but I think they're confusing it with another product due out around the end of the summer (at which time we'll see another BlackBerry model being launched which of course everyone knows about already).

markess
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed a gazillion times, but I'm a newbie here.

I've heard of the 8820 (8800 + wi-fi), but what's the other model you talk about? Is it the 9000 series?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm due an upgrade around May and can't get my head round whether a Pearl or 8800 or 8820 will be best for me. I really want an 8800 with wi-fi and a camera but ......

TreyS
03-01-2007, 10:43 PM
8800 + wifi (for corporate VoIP) + camera = pure bliss.....

NeilBe
03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Just been speaking with O2's retentions department and they inform me that the 8800 is due on the 5th March.

However, curiously, I was also told about the BlackBerry "Swordfish". Due to be released in early May.

Any ideas what the swordfish is? I can't find any reference to it online, so perhaps it's just an O2 internal codename...

(apologies for the double post, I mistakingly submitted this to the 8700 forum but couldn't figure out how to delete it!)
I know this reply is 2 months late, but was on the phone today with O2 customer services today and no mention of the 8800 was mentioned at all. Only the swordfish due oput in May 07? Anyone have any other news?

zentient
03-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I've been frequently contacting T-Mobile UK the last few days as I was told the 8800 would be available to business customers as of today; unfortunately, that was supposedly what they were expecting and several different reps claim that the status is "sometime this month" (March 2007).
If you meant "other news" specific only to O2, then, um, I don't know anything.

hmedwards
04-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi I am also facing the same predicament; i was about to order the new 8800 with O2 & they mentioned the May 5th release of the swordfish; what is this? And the model after 8800 is due for release in August did you say? Many Thnaks for any help or guidence, hannah