PDA

View Full Version : 7100i Direct Connect

pletap
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Hello All,
I just switched over from a nextel phone to the nextel blackberry.

I need some help. I would like to assign one person to direct connect to as you can on the regular phones. Can I do this on this blackberry. If so, how?

It seems so tedious going down a list to find the one person I talk to constantly through out the day (my operations manager)

Thanks in advance!
P

jcalchi
01-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Very missed feature on the Nextel BlackBerries. I miss having one button access to Nextel Notes.

If you have the person's phone number assigned to a speed dial, use that to start a phone call, but hang up before is actually dials. Then push the PTT button when the name's still highlighted in the log. Seems back-assward, but less keystrokes than using the address book.

Jimbeaux
01-31-2007, 10:43 PM
i use the Recent Calls list to access DC contacts i use frequently. just press the Green Dial Button to access RC then scroll down to the contact, then press PTT button.

CletusJones
02-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

i use the Recent Calls list to access DC contacts i use frequently. just press the Green Dial Button to access RC then scroll down to the contact, then press PTT button.

This is how I do it too. Very quick and painless.

Dollarbill79
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Since the title of this thread is 7100i direct connect i guess i will ask this question but it may not be 100% on topic. I havent had this problem but i have witnessed other people with the 7100i have this problem. For some reason they will press the PTT button and let go but the microphone will stay on letting the person on the other end hear everything that is going on without them knowing. Has anybody else experienced this?