PDA

View Full Version : New 8707g - where's my browser?!

AaaBaa
01-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Hello all, a couple of hours ago I received a new BB 8707g from O2 UK. But I can't believe that there is no brower!!

I'm on an unlimited data plan, and I've tried calling O2 but they referred me to BlackBerry - great help!! Do I need to wait for setting / software updates wirelessly? Do I need to install a CD on the PC?

I've looked everywhere for the icon with the arrow around it, tried changing themes, I've searched through these forums, and I've tried various things like hard reset (taking the battery out etc) but I can't get that icon!

When go the Options - Advanced Options - Browser all it says is:
"Default browser configuration:" - and that's IT!

I have a full 3G signal.

I'd appreciate any help.

NJBlackBerry
01-25-2007, 10:03 AM
You mention an unlimited data plan - is this a BlackBerry Data Plan or a 3G/GPRS data plan.

If you have a BlackBerry Data Plan, you should call back O2 (and find a different person in customer support) to make sure your account is properly provisioned. Ask O2 BlackBerry Support to resent the service books to your handheld.

AaaBaa
01-25-2007, 10:16 AM
You mention an unlimited data plan - is this a BlackBerry Data Plan or a 3G/GPRS data plan.

If you have a BlackBerry Data Plan, you should call back O2 (and find a different person in customer support) to make sure your account is properly provisioned. Ask O2 BlackBerry Support to resent the service books to your handheld.

Thanks for your speedy reply. I'm on the "BlackBerry Internet Solution from O2 Unlimited" so presumably I'm on the first one that you mentioned. Mind you, it's a data only tariff, so no voice / texts included (presumably I can call & text but these will be charged on a metered basis) - but this should not affect the fact that there is no browser there! Quite the opposite in fact.

I'll try calling someone else again.

NJBlackBerry
01-25-2007, 10:22 AM
You should be OK with that plan.

AaaBaa
01-25-2007, 10:28 AM
You should be OK with that plan.

Cheers will let you know how I get on! Once they push a service book down to me, how will I know that I'm good to go? Will I receive an SMS, will I need to restart?

NJBlackBerry
01-25-2007, 10:38 AM
You may get an OTA message. Other than that, the browser should appear.