PDA

View Full Version : Interference w/conference calling equip

adashevsky
01-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Wireless devices, (blackberries, and the like) are causing interference over our conference calling equipment. Does anyone else have this problem, has anyone found a good solution to it (other than not allowing them in the room - which ain't gonna happen).
I'd appreciate any assistance.
Thank you

JSanders
01-25-2007, 03:55 PM
My BB signal (data transfers, incoming call before ring) interferes at times with my land line phone, giving it a slight buzz or electronic noise. I move my BB away from my desktop phone.

Works every time.

NJBlackBerry
01-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes - that is the best solution. Move the BB/PDA/Smartphone away from the speakers.

JSanders
01-25-2007, 04:40 PM
And, I wear my aluminum foil hat to fend off the electronic noises, buzzing and strange voices in my head.

NJBlackBerry
01-25-2007, 04:42 PM
That would work, too.

takeshi
01-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Does anyone else have this problem, has anyone found a good solution to it (other than not allowing them in the room - which ain't gonna happen).

You can try shielding the conference equipment better. It didn't really help our setup much.

You can switch everyone to a carrier that uses 1900MHz as it causes less interference than 850MHz.

You can give people copper boxes to put their Blackberries in... ;)

lord_jefe
01-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Try using Nextel. The nextel phones all produce a phenomenon we call "The Nextel Speaker Fart" when used to close to any speaker. It's a loud, stuttering, "fft fft fft" noise. It'll kill you when you're driving fast & listening to Metallica, and someone tries to Direct Connect.

adashevsky
01-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Gentlemen
Thanks for your responses.
Regretfully, separating users from their devices is akin to taking their first-born child.
I like the aluminum foil hats!

JSanders
01-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Yea, next meeting you're in, you simply ignore the noises and buzzing and deny you hear anything, and tell the others that it all must be in their heads.