PDA

View Full Version : Few 7290 questions

arcgraphics
01-26-2007, 10:20 PM
I recently picked up a decent lot of repair stock BB 7290s. So far, I have made 5 power on and load etc. Problem is, they seem to have some software that appears to have been used by Fed Ex. They load, show the carrier logo, then go straight into the above mentioned program. There is a certain program they are stuck in. I use the wheel to exit program, and it asks for password to exit. Since I obviously don't have it, can't get out of that screen. ESC won't take me back to the main screen with icons. They are just stuck in this Fed Ex driver route program.

So, my question is, will re-installing the OS on these take care of the problem and get them back to the way they were at time of being new?

These were legally bought from a seller on ebay who sells them sometimes in lots.

Next question. I have a lot of loose boards. Just the main board. Is there a way to tell from markings on the board if they are going to take version 1 or 2 lcd so I can know what I will need to pop on to test?
Maybe some of the coding on the IMEI number going to tell me?

Any help would be appreciated.

evilcaptain
01-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Using javaloader to wipe out and reinstall the os should take care of the fedex issue.

The 2nd question, I have not figured out for myself yet.

arcgraphics
01-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Awesome, I appreciate the info...I was hoping javaloader/reinstall might take care of it.

I have a spare 7290 that has the thin white lined lcd. I supposed I could open it up and use it to test the other ones.