PDA

View Full Version : SMS messages in email list

rdlaub
01-28-2007, 08:40 PM
8703e here.

I am using the Zen them and am noticing that my SMS (text) messages are not appearing any more in my main email message list. Is there a setting that is causing this and which I can change. Thanks.

John Clark
01-28-2007, 08:51 PM
There is probably a dedicated SMS folder with the theme you are using. This setting is not changeable by the user. If you don't like the separate folders you'll have to change themes.

It's ironic, most of the time folks are complaining because all their sms's are mixed up with their emails in the message folder!

rdlaub
01-28-2007, 08:52 PM
There is probably a dedicated SMS folder with the theme you are using. This setting is not changeable by the user. If you don't like the separate folders you'll have to change themes.

It's ironic, most of the time folks are complaining because all their sms's are mixed up with their emails in the message folder!

I know. But sometimes I don't know I have missed SMS's without checking the separate SMS folder. Thanks.

The MVPlaya
01-29-2007, 02:12 AM
There will be a red star next to the SMS Icon (if it is one of your top 5 icons) and there will be a number which indicates unread messages.

gdpmumin
01-29-2007, 02:30 AM
That feature is one of the great things about the Zen themes. As The MVPlaya said, make sure the SMS folder is one of your top five icons so that it appears on the desktop and you'll be able to see if you have a new SMS at a glance.

pspiegel
01-29-2007, 05:33 AM
i'm not sure if it works in zen, but in my theme i can press alt-i to see all incoming messages (sms and email)

cmpugh
01-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Does not appear to work.

fzfrank
01-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Does not appear to work.

It works for me. Alt-i in the "Messages" folder (Zen theme) shows all incoming messages including SMSs.

rdlaub
01-29-2007, 11:14 AM
That feature is one of the great things about the Zen themes. As The MVPlaya said, make sure the SMS folder is one of your top five icons so that it appears on the desktop and you'll be able to see if you have a new SMS at a glance.

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the tips.