PDA

View Full Version : cracked lens

jchristopher
01-30-2007, 01:04 PM
So, my very first act as a new 8703e Blackberry user was to launch it across the kitchen attempting to pull it out of the holster. :(

Put a huge spiderweb crack right across the face of it. Not even 72 hours old.

Anyway I'm over it now and looking for a replacement. Fortunately, the actual LCD panel underneath the plastic seems to be working OK, it's just the clear plastic cover.

Tips on where to get? If it was somewhere I could get extended battery at the same time, so much the better. And it looks like it might be simply stuck on with some adhesive, an easy repair. Anyone done it... ?

Thanks

scaredpoet
01-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Right here:

http://www.bbrepairshop.com/Parts8700.html

A replacement lens for the 8703e is $44.99.

MotoUp
01-30-2007, 04:12 PM
How hard are those to replace. One of my guys dropped his and cracked it.

greggebhardt
01-30-2007, 06:25 PM
So, my very first act as a new 8703e Blackberry user was to launch it across the kitchen attempting to pull it out of the holster. :(

Anyway I'm over it now and looking for a replacement. Fortunately, the actual LCD panel underneath the plastic seems to be working OK, it's just the clear plastic cover.

Tips on where to get? If it was somewhere I could get extended battery at the same time, so much the better. And it looks like it might be simply stuck on with some adhesive, an easy repair. Anyone done it... ?

Thanks

You must be using the OEM original plastic holster. It is a piecwe of sh|t! I remember using this thing and you had to grab hold of the device so hard to pull it out of the holster, you could launch it across the room with a small slip.

I have never used one after that and use the leather OEM holster with the swivel clip.

jchristopher
01-30-2007, 07:57 PM
You must be using the OEM original plastic holster.

Indeed....

Anyone done it? Looks like you'd just pry up the old lens with a screwdriver and glue the new one in place, no disasembly required...

johnfromphilly
01-30-2007, 10:53 PM
This might help, it is from the sticky @<hidden> the top of the page. Good Luck.

8700 Disassembly - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/8700_Disassembly)

MERK350Z
01-31-2007, 12:13 AM

Thanks
welcome to the club dropped mine on the floor about 10 times
dropped it in the toilet (don't ask)
dropped it bowl of soup(lol)
dropped it in the engine bay of my car.
dropped it on the stage at a strip club (again don't ask) lol