PDA

View Full Version : 7520 > MotoQ > 8703e. Glad 2b Back

loveandhate
01-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey guys! I won't run away from home again lol. It's wild out there in the world.

I'm finally back after forcing my local Verizon store to allow me to switch off of the Q after my 3rd malfunctioning unit. They offered me a "NEW" black Q. I opted for a "NEW" BLACKberry and after raising some hell and a $60 payment for the price difference I'm back to Blackberry and it feels good. I won't go into bashing the Q. It's a decent phone but not ready for mission critical/ primetime use IMHO.

Here's my question:

I'm not using BES. I have my "username@<hidden>" email setup on the device operating just fine. I have my domain email setup on the unit but it gets jumbled in with the texts, missed calls and voicemails. Is there a way for my domain email to be in its own link - like the blackberry.net email? I can see the txt/missedcall/voicemail box getting pretty ugly once i really get things going. I tried to search but didnt find much.

I feel so dumb. I used to be able to work the 7520 like a 3rd hand when I was with Nextel, now I'm feeling like a newbie all over again. Anyway, again - glad to be back!!! (y)

seaneboyee
01-31-2007, 08:19 PM
You need to configure your BIS to retrieve mail from your domain POP account. It will still get collected under the icon for Messages but you should also see separate icons for each POP account.

greggebhardt
02-01-2007, 06:31 AM
I loved my 7520 when I was with Nextel. The 75XX series was the last of the real quality handsets from RIM before they went over to these new devices with painted exteriors. The new divices has more of a glitzy look but will not hold up compared to the older units.

takeshi
02-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm not using BES. I have my "username@<hidden>" email setup on the device operating just fine. I have my domain email setup on the unit but it gets jumbled in with the texts, missed calls and voicemails.
Actually, not being on BES is a plus in this case since you can't do anything about BES email only arriving in Messages. Your BIS-integrated accounts should all have their own icons. If your domain account doesn't then try pulling the battery first to see if the icon appears when the BB restarts. If that doesn't help then something might have gone wrong when you integrated the account. It might be worth deleting and re-integrating your domain email.

loveandhate
02-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks guys! I did get my email accounts setup correctly.

I like the new blackberry 87xx "look" but I definitely see a difference in build quality from the good old 75xx. I can't see dropping this guy down a flight of wooden steps like my old unit but hey - my lady says it's "Sexier"

Now, how do I get my email sent from the computer from showing up as new messages on the Blackberry?

JSanders
02-02-2007, 09:40 AM
my lady says it's "Sexier"

hmm, what more can you ask?

Dodge DeBoulet
02-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks guys! I did get my email accounts setup correctly.

I like the new blackberry 87xx "look" but I definitely see a difference in build quality from the good old 75xx. I can't see dropping this guy down a flight of wooden steps like my old unit but hey - my lady says it's "Sexier"

Now, how do I get my email sent from the computer from showing up as new messages on the Blackberry?

Having taken my 8703e apart and reassembled it yesterday, *ahem*, for fun, I think it would survive a trip down a flight of wooden steps just fine. That plastic is tough stuff, and everything inside is very well braced and supported.

Jackies35
02-02-2007, 12:27 PM
I really like the 7520 and I see alot of people with this phone on the train. They use this baby as if it was their 3rd hand.

Well, my question to you guys is this; do you find the monthly charges $ 49 per month too expensive?? I have the internet and email on this machine and I find it too expensive.

Then, my regular phone bill is $ 59.95. I don't think anyone is paying this much for their phone anymore $ 100+??

Dodge DeBoulet
02-03-2007, 07:40 AM
I really like the 7520 and I see alot of people with this phone on the train. They use this baby as if it was their 3rd hand.

Well, my question to you guys is this; do you find the monthly charges $ 49 per month too expensive?? I have the internet and email on this machine and I find it too expensive.

Then, my regular phone bill is $ 59.95. I don't think anyone is paying this much for their phone anymore $ 100+??

Hell, no. Company pays for it :)

jbairdjr
02-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I pay for my own Blackberry, and with my voce plan and data I usually pay arond $100 when you add in all the taxes.
I use around 40+ MB of data a month, and certainly get my money's worth.
I would never go back to a "regular" phone again