PDA

View Full Version : Best for IM?

bhixon
01-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey there, just downloaded google talk onto the 8703 and am confused because i was under the impression that it was able to contact people using programs other than gtalk (AIM, MSN, etc.). Is this not the case? If i can, how do i add a friend that is non-google identified? Is there a chat program for bb that allows what i am talking about for free??

B

tr4driver
01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey there, just downloaded google talk onto the 8703 and am confused because i was under the impression that it was able to contact people using programs other than gtalk (AIM, MSN, etc.). Is this not the case? If i can, how do i add a friend that is non-google identified? Is there a chat program for bb that allows what i am talking about for free??

B

It can be done through Google Talk, but it's a little complicated. See this link for details...

Connect Google Talk to AIM, MSN, & Yahoo - BigBlueBall Forums (http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/google-talk-news/33739-connect-google-talk-aim-msn-yahoo.html)

I have mine setup and it works fine.

dcfella
01-31-2007, 04:02 PM
The new JiveTalk program works great. Gtalk is good too, but yeah I agree that it might be a little tricky to set up.

bertiebassett
01-31-2007, 04:59 PM
The new JiveTalk program works great. Gtalk is good too, but yeah I agree that it might be a little tricky to set up.

hey I'm a fan of jive too but it's only in beta at the mo..

OMS
01-31-2007, 05:47 PM
i just sent an email to info@<hidden> because i want to use this app. was that the right thing to do? i asked if i could become a beta tester etc...is this the way to get the app? will the send me a link? thanks

dcfella
02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
hey I'm a fan of jive too but it's only in beta at the mo..

Relax, i'm not telling him he has to go out and get Jive and I didn't even tell him how to get it. For what he is asking for, I gave him my opinion on 2 programs that I currently use. Even in beta, I like Jivetalk bud.

seaneboyee
02-01-2007, 03:56 AM
I have been using Yahoo Messenger and Yak-On on my Sprint 8703e but now I am exclusively using JiveTalk and it rocks! Can't wait for its official release! (y)

r1ch007
02-01-2007, 05:36 AM
IM+ is rock solid keeps me signed in if I take a call Or loose coverage.

When I regain coverage I receive all my IM's

nike30
02-01-2007, 02:15 PM
JiveTalk is by far the best IM Client I've used on my 8700C. Absolutely love it.

skifast87
02-01-2007, 10:24 PM
how about ramble? I was looking in to that under the FAQ's but the fact that it is free has me worrying a lilttle bit

dcfella
02-02-2007, 11:31 AM
how about ramble? I was looking in to that under the FAQ's but the fact that it is free has me worrying a lilttle bit

I try not to use Ramble if I can avoid it. Yeah it's free, but it's got serious problems staying connected online. If you want to leave your IMs on all day or for extended periods, Ramble probably isn't your best bet.

skifast87
02-02-2007, 12:19 PM
grr alright. I hate to pay to use a free sercive thats free on my computer. But ohh well every ones gotta make moeny some hope and programs are not made on free labor. I guess ill look in to other programs