PDA

View Full Version : Lotus & Desktop Manager 4.2/4.1

invisibl
01-31-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi all First post, although I have been lurking here since I began my new Job of which part is supporting/installing BBerrys ( Bout 6 weeks now).

Below is a description of the issue I am experiencing with as much pertinent information I can think of.

The users Laptop (Tosh Tecra M2) Connected to a LAN
Using XP build ( SP2)
Using Desktop Manager 4.2 or 4.1( I have installed 4.2, Then when it didnt work I uninstalled it and then installed 4.1 with similar results),
Using Lotus Notes 7.0.2,
Using BES server software (Desktop Manager 4.1) on Windows server 2003.

I can Install desktop manager, Either 4.1 or 4.2. When the BBerry is connected to the desktop I get the expected "do you want to backup the phone "msg and it seems to be normal from there telling me to create the Key encryption, trying to synch etc etc...

In fact all seems to be as per normal except for when I go to configure the PIM
When I go to customise the Address Book as to which translator I will be synching with I get a greyed out "OK" button and a greyed out "options" button. Not so great.
A similar thing occurs when trying to config the calendar translator...
Again not so great.

Up until Very recently we were using Windows 2000 and Lotus version 5, All was well. As there are going to be more and more users migrating to this combination, I am getting a little desperate, and any insight into this issue will be welcomed!!!

Thus far I have found this link

hxxp://vvv.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04400&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=3462526&stateId=0%200%202651841]BlackBerry Search Results

NOTE: To get around not being able to post URLs prior to ten posts I have subbed HTTP with HXXP and www with VVV, I know you saw that anyway!

And had this fix suggested from IBM

If users are unable to upgrade the Blackberry Desktop software right away, they can modify the registry settings by creating a copy
of the Notes 7.0. folder " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\7.0" and naming it 6.0.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\6.0".

Steps to create the new 6.0 entry:
1. Export the 7.0 Registry file.. Registry>Export Registry File..
2. Rename the 7.0 folder in the registry to 6.0
3. Add the 7.0 registry file back to the registry by double clicking on registry file you previously exported.

You're registry should now have 2 entries under the Notes folder.

I don’t yet wish to fiddle with the Registry, But will do if needs be. I cant really sell this as experimentation to the current user, and certainly not as a usual business practice moving forward.

Phew thanks for reading this far ( If you have)

Much appreciated!!

i

omkhar
02-01-2007, 08:08 AM
I have DM 4.1 working with Lotus Notes 7.02 /w no issue. DM 4.2 crashes all the time for me.

No special config was required.... unless the IT dept did something w/o telling me ;-)