PDA

View Full Version : Verizon vs Alltel

IronHorse
02-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Anyone have experience w/ Alltel?

I'm looking to buy my first Blackberry in the next couple of weeks. I am a current Verizon customer, but I'm intrigued by some of the Alltel rate plans.

Does anyone have first hand experience with Alltel?

mattlange
02-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Alltell is great. Good customer service and coverage

Dubdub
02-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Just need to make sure you will have the proper coverage where you will use the phone, i.e. where you live, work, travel, play, etc. Isn't Alltel a more regional carrier? My sister had Alltel in SC for awhile and her coverage was really horrible. Moved to Cingular an its a lot better.

IronHorse
02-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Just need to make sure you will have the proper coverage where you will use the phone, i.e. where you live, work, travel, play, etc. Isn't Alltel a more regional carrier? My sister had Alltel in SC for awhile and her coverage was really horrible. Moved to Cingular an its a lot better.

I am in SC, but travel the eastern half of the US. If I am looking at the coverage map right, It looks as though I would have service virtually every where I travel.

What is appealing to me are thier voice plans, they seem to be a better fit for me (assuming I can get "My Circle" plans on the Blackberry), but I have never had any complaints out of Verizon, so I am leary of changing to save a few bucks, and ending up with service that I am not happy with.

ezrunner
02-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Alltel is no longer considered a regional carrier as they are the #5 carrier in the country and growing. Alltel and Verizon piggy back off of each others networks. Sprint and Alltel have just signed a 10 year agreement! I have used Alltel for some time and the service has been MAGNIFICENT and I like that you can choose either BIS or BES service from them

Dubdub
02-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Learn something every day! That is one thing I like about these boards.