PDA

View Full Version : contacts not updating from Lotus

Roland_G
02-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Hello,

I have a BB 8100 that I synchronise with my Lotus Notes 6.5 calendar and contacts. I can synch the calendar but when I try to update the contacts is does not properly synch, it duplicates some entries and does not add new ones.

Has anyonw had this problem and if so have you fixed it?

I am running Lotus 6.5 on an XP Profesional laptop. I have the firewall disabled while I run the synch and use Desktop manager V4.2.0.12/

Many thanks,

Roland

Roland_G
02-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Hello,

I have a BB 8100 that I synchronise with my Lotus Notes 6.5 calendar and contacts. I can synch the calendar but when I try to update the contacts is does not properly synch, it duplicates some entries and does not add new ones.

Has anyonw had this problem and if so have you fixed it?

I am running Lotus 6.5 on an XP Profesional laptop. I have the firewall disabled while I run the synch and use Desktop manager V4.2.0.12/

Many thanks,

Roland

After searching through many BB forums with no luck I finally found the answer on a Lotus Domino forum. The problem was that the Desktop active synch software was synchronising with the users mail.nsf file(held in the Lotus\Data\Mail directory), in theory it should have been using the Names.nsf file(\Lotus\Data) but for some reason it would not synchronise with this file. The answer is first within Lotus select Action then Synch Address Book(you must make sure you are in the Inbox view as the Actions list changes for each view). Once you select Synch you may find that it duplicates many contacts, this will only happen the first time so you will just have to go through and remove the duplicates manually. When this is done exit from Lotus allowing it to replicate the database to the main server(this is how ours works yours may be different), once done then open the Desktop Manager, choose Backup/Restore and then Advanced, clear the address book(only needs to be done the first time) on the Blackberry then exit, now choose to synchronise the address book.

This solved my problem but does mean when ever a new contact is added to Lotus we need to Synch Address - Exit Lotus and replicate - Synch to the Blackberry.

I hope this helps anyone else who tries to connect BB to Lotus using the Desktop manager.