PDA

View Full Version : Accessing HTTPS Sites

AccessDenied(Ron)
02-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I have been trying to access Chase bank from my 8703e; but when I try to log in, this is what I get:

======
@<hidden>=%usr_name%
@<hidden>=%usr_password%
@<hidden>=%HiddenURI%
@<hidden>=%LOB%
@<hidden>=/online/logon/on_successful_logon.jsp?LOB=%LOB%
@<hidden>=0

<html>

<head>
<title>SiteMinder Password Services</title> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;URL='/online/logon/sso_logon_all.jsp'">
</head>
</html
=========
notice, no opening <html> tag; should I be able to get to chase from the bb? Do others?

mdonders
02-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I actually used to have no problem access my Chase account on my 8700g. Might be a problem with the emulation mode you are using in your Browser. Mine has always been set to IE and it works with no problem.

[ Donders ]

AccessDenied(Ron)
02-05-2007, 02:15 PM
I changed the emulation to IE and also to Mobile, but still get the same response, which is called formpost.fcc.

AccessDenied(Ron)
02-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Similar for Bank of Amierca:
I can get the sign on web page, but I cannot get beyond this. When I try to sign in, I am told that the web site cannot recognize my computer. I'm asked a challenge question, which I answer, and then I'm back to the above page. But no further.

AccessDenied(Ron)
02-05-2007, 02:46 PM
And now I tried a credit card company and I get a message that they cannot support my browser: need IE 5.5 or higher; or a browser which supports 128-bit encryption.

While this may be premature, one reason I have the BB is to access these sites.

AccessDenied(Ron)
02-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Final discussion: I spoke to Verizon's blackberry support group and he told me that it would be impossible to access a secure bank web site (or even ebay's My Ebay site); he suggested that there might be 3rd party applications available, but didn't mention any.

JSanders
02-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Well, don't believe everything your carrier's tech support tells you. You can likely call three times and get three different answers.

What they told you is not true. For one, I access MyEbay quite often as well my bank's secure site.

rickthornton
02-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I have been trying to access Chase bank from my 8703e; but when I try to log in, this is what I get:

======
@<hidden>=%usr_name%
@<hidden>=%usr_password%
@<hidden>=%HiddenURI%
@<hidden>=%LOB%
@<hidden>=/online/logon/on_successful_logon.jsp?LOB=%LOB%
@<hidden>=0

<html>

<head>
<title>SiteMinder Password Services</title> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;URL='/online/logon/sso_logon_all.jsp'">
</head>
</html
=========
notice, no opening <html> tag; should I be able to get to chase from the bb? Do others?

I have so so luck with such sites from the BlackBerry browser, however, I have been able to access numerous https sites with the Operal Mini browser. One thing to keep in mind with Opera is that in the password entry box, it always defauts to auto capitalization and so if you password does not have a capitalized first letter, you have to delete the first letter and retype it to make it lower case. Otherwise, it seems to consistently work for me on the https sites.

AccessDenied(Ron)
02-06-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm using the 8703e; would I use the low memory version? At the opera.com site, the 8703e is not listed.

Stinsonddog
02-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Warning on Opera - it does go through other servers so be sure you investigate and satisfy your security concerns.

AccessDenied(Ron)
02-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I downloaded Opera Mini; that seems to work rather well. THANKS!!

AccessDenied(Ron)
02-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, an issue: It does work, and while I can access secure sites, I don't think the connection is secure, in fact. The lock icon has a line through it. Apparently, there are two versions of Mini: Basic and Advanced; the 8703e only supports Basic (not sure...this is really a question).

If that's the case, then, is there a brower that will let me access secure sites securely?