PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo emails on BB have lots of garbled code

Moerai
02-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I have a 8700g (although I'm assuming this is not a model specific issue), and when I view my yahoo emails on my BB, I see lots of garbled code-like text for 20-40 lines. However, I load the same plain text email on my PC, I just see the plain text.

I open up the same email on my blackberry, and I see what I'm going to call 'code' for about 20-40 lines before I get to see the text of the email. IE, {color:#0066CC;text-align:center-front …..

Any ideas how to avoid 95% of a Yahoo email being this junk?

My blackberry loads up graphics, etc. fine on web browser mode, so it's only happening with my yahoo emails at moment.

moosehead
02-05-2007, 01:33 PM
I have a 8700g (although I'm assuming this is not a model specific issue), and when I view my yahoo emails on my BB, I see lots of garbled code-like text for 20-40 lines. However, I load the same plain text email on my PC, I just see the plain text.

I open up the same email on my blackberry, and I see what I'm going to call 'code' for about 20-40 lines before I get to see the text of the email. IE, {color:#0066CC;text-align:center-front …..

Any ideas how to avoid 95% of a Yahoo email being this junk?

My blackberry loads up graphics, etc. fine on web browser mode, so it's only happening with my yahoo emails at moment.

Are these emails you are receiving in html format? In order to view properly it must be in plain text. The BB doesn't support HTML in emails.

Moerai
02-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the information.

I think it's a safe bet the Yahoo mail is in HTML format. I tried going into my account options in Yahoo mail, but couldn't find anything to make it come in text-only format.

Moerai
02-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Ah, my friend was able to provide me an answer.

I downloaded the yahoo client from mobile.yahoo.com to check my email!

dkf747
02-05-2007, 09:16 PM
With the Yahoo client you don't get the code, but you also don't get the graphics. For me that's fine. You get the same result logging into Yahoo mail on your browser