PDA

View Full Version : SIM card error?

jarodl
02-06-2007, 06:17 PM
My phone every once in a while pops up with SIM card error and switches to SOS mode. If I power it off and on it clears and goes back to normal. I took it to the Cingular store today and had them switch out the SIM card for a new one. Any ideas?

metsfan
02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Have you had the problem since you got a new SIM card? A friend of mine had the same issue, and I don't think he's had a problem since he replaced the card.

JesusFreak
02-06-2007, 06:32 PM
i have that problem only when i drop my phone hard. the cap that holds the sim card than releases. you have to take out the battery and fix it.

WildWes
02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I had that problem a little when i first got the phone.. turns out the card just wasn't locked in good.. i just took it out and made sure it was locked in really good when i put it back in

intell
02-07-2007, 01:01 AM
I had that problem a little when i first got the phone.. turns out the card just wasn't locked in good.. i just took it out and made sure it was locked in really good when i put it back in

yup, that was the case for me. I exchanged the whole phone to find out later that all I had to do was push in the card tighter. BTW I'm using the same SIM card, dropped the phone, and I haven't gotten the error.

JaxDomino
02-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I get the error with my phone just sitting on my desk. I will say that the lock on the SIM card holder on mine is not the tightest. I may just order a replacement.

blenahan
02-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I get the SIM Card Error several times a week. This is the same card I had in my former 8700c, where I never got the error.