PDA

View Full Version : email attachments?

xXSilentScreamXx
02-08-2007, 12:28 AM
ok a bbf member tried to email me a ringtone to my bb email acc cause it waas 2 big to send via mms and i could see the attachments but i could not dl or play them / so i fwrd it to my yahoo acc which also gos to my bb and notta ?
they where mp3 files and i do have the bb attch service installed
so what can/cant my bb dl via email attachments?

JerryD
02-08-2007, 07:20 AM
ok a bbf member tried to email me a ringtone to my bb email acc cause it waas 2 big to send via mms and i could see the attachments but i could not dl or play them / so i fwrd it to my yahoo acc which also gos to my bb and notta ?
they where mp3 files and i do have the bb attch service installed
so what can/cant my bb dl via email attachments? First, there's a 1 meg limit on BB email attachments.

Second, the Attachment Service doesn't handle audio files. To get a ringtone onto the BlackBerry, the ringtone needs to be posted to a Web site with a link on a web page that you can browse to with one of the BlackBerry's browsers. When you click on the link, the file will play. From there, you can click the wheel and select Save from the pop up menu. Once saved it will be available as a Ring tone.

For music (Pearl/8100 only), use Desktop Manager 4.2's Media Manager. I'm not sure if it handles ring tones.