PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Installation Assistance Required!!!!!!

TimBox
02-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Below is the setup that I have got and wonder if you can please help me

Environment

Domain Controller - Microsoft SBS 2003 Standard
Member Server - Windows 2000 SP4
BES Express - Currently have 1 license Installed
Device - Blackberry pearl

I have created the BESAdmin account with the appropriate permissions. However, I still cannot seem to get the Blackberry server working!!

So perhaps if the questions listed below are answered, it may clarify where I am going wrong.

1. I now understand a copy of the Exchange System Manager (ESM) will need to be installed on the BES Server. Could you please advise what version of ESM will need to be installed? I have tried installing the ESM for SBS 2003 on the Windows 2000 server but it doesn't like it.

2. As I am using a Windows 2000 SP4 server as the dedicated Blackberry Server, (It's just a member server in the domain) - Can this setup be used?

3. BES Express - 1 license - Should I wish to uninstall it and start again, (somehow I managed to install the MDS component which I don't think I need or use, please advise) What information will I need to keep? Will taking a note of the license key be enough?

4. Should I successfully manage to install and get the server configured correctly, apparently, a password will need to be sent from the BES server and activated on the device (it's a Blackberry pearl) how do you do this?

5. By successfully concluding the tasks above, how do you confirm the server is picking up the device?

6. Will my calendar sync successfully?

7. How do I restrict the synchronisation for emails so that if I delete emails on the device, it doesn't delete it in the mailbox?

Thank you in advance,
TimBox

takeshi
02-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Have you posted this in the BES admin forum?

southwestcomm
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Have you read the pre-install documents available from RIM or contacted your provider for assistance?