PDA

View Full Version : Changing Time Zones when synching

areyes
02-08-2007, 09:00 PM
My clock time zone has been changing when I synch my 8700g to my laptop through bluetooth. Using Vista. Anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks

Alberto

virusboy286
02-08-2007, 09:11 PM
I believe Vista has the app patch for the new daylight savings times. This might confuse the BB in thinking that the time zone changes either one hour ahead or one hour backwards. That or you have the time zone set different than what the BB is. Either way, download the patch appropiate for your platform and WSP, or keep the Vista the same time zone as the BlackBerry.

John Clark
02-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Virusboy,
This issue has nothing to do with the DST patch.

Alberto,
In the Desktop manager there is a setting to disable syncing the time via the Desktop Manager. Make sure under Syncronize the box to update date and time is unchecked. Also, make sure you are running the latest version of Desktop Manager with SP1

wobly
02-09-2007, 12:49 PM
This fixed my problem on my Pearl. But, I never had the problem until I upgraded to Vista.

virusboy286
02-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Is anyone out there who has XP willing to update there XP software to get current with what Vista might have. I don't know at all what vista's capabilities are to the XP, but in response to the post John, what if the XP platform was updated to have the DST patch. Would the time zone change when syncing?
John I wonder if Vista has this patch already.

Why else would this happen, and why only with Vista?

NJBlackBerry
02-09-2007, 02:19 PM
It has no impact. I have the XP patch all over the place.
Virusboy - This has nothing to do with the DST patch.

virusboy286
02-09-2007, 02:22 PM
It has no impact. I have the XP patch all over the place.
Virusboy - This has nothing to do with the DST patch.

NJ, I don't get it, why then would the time zone change only on Vista?

NJBlackBerry
02-09-2007, 02:24 PM
It has NOTHING TO DO WITH VISTA.

I have Vista machines. I have patched XP machines.

Time zone problems occur because of a few things:

1 - TZ on BB and PC do not match
2 - BB is set to Network Time and TZ is wrong

Those are the most common causes.

virusboy286
02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
It has NOTHING TO DO WITH VISTA.

I have Vista machines. I have patched XP machines.

Time zone problems occur because of a few things:

1 - TZ on BB and PC do not match
2 - BB is set to Network Time and TZ is wrong

Those are the most common causes.

Thanls, NJ, for the common reasons. Again, I know nothing about Vista and just wanted to know.

areyes
02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Virusboy,
This issue has nothing to do with the DST patch.

Alberto,
In the Desktop manager there is a setting to disable syncing the time via the Desktop Manager. Make sure under Syncronize the box to update date and time is unchecked. Also, make sure you are running the latest version of Desktop Manager with SP1

John,

Thanks that did the trick.