PDA

View Full Version : Making Phone Private

Krazilyinlove712
02-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Ok...so i know about the whole Keypad Lock deal...
Now, is there any program or any way i can set a password for my multimedia.
As in: If i have pictures stored on my phone that i want no1 to see is there a way to only view that folder by entering a password?

Thanks Everyone:)

TonyEye
02-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I won't even ask!! :razz:

In answer to your question, I don't believe you can do that. BUT, you can hide the "Media" Icon.

kathrynhr
02-09-2007, 03:15 PM
As in: If i have pictures stored on my phone that i want no1 to see is there a way to only view that folder by entering a password?

No, but I wish there were.

BBChristopher
02-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Don't know of any way to do this....

There may be a 3rd party app that allows this, but as for included software, can't do it.

SanFrancisco
02-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok...so i know about the whole Keypad Lock deal...

Thanks Everyone:)

Not aware of any, but are you mostly trying to deter casual viewer, the nosy or curious?

If so, you can hide the pics as follows:

-- Create a sub folder with a name like "BlackBerry Wallpapers"

-- Within that folder insert about 20 small, boring solid color or other small wallpapers. On each, give them a number starting with 01 to 20, for example.

-- Then place your confidential pics into this sub folder.

The end result is that while the curious might open the folder, see the "Wallpaper" folder and pass it by.

If someone does open the sub folder, they will only see the wallpapers appear on the list or thumbnails. Seeing that, they may not scroll down to see the confidential images. [that is why you need to number the wallpaper images, so they appear on top of all the other pics, first on the list, if you will, because file listing protocols always put numbered items or numbers at the top].

Since the wallpaper files are small you can put any number you want if you think someone might scroll down a few pages. [Most wallpaper files are less than 5k each, so even if you put 40 of them, they will not take that much room].

Again, the above is not a secure method, it only hides things from the curious who don't know about the above technique.

BBChristopher
02-09-2007, 03:54 PM
If you are serious about this, you can buy a program that will do it. $30.00
Splash Photo - you can search the forums for more info about it.

Here is a link:
BlackBerry photo viewer - SplashPhoto - Mobile Image Viewer for PDAs and Smartphones (http://www.splashdata.com/splashphoto/blackberry/)

mjwood0
02-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Aside from password protecting the whole device, I don't believe there is any way. If you don't want the hassle of the password to make phone calls, you can enable phone use when the device is locked. Just an idea.