PDA

View Full Version : Locked Password disable - locked media card access

debby1
02-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Need help - had to reset a BB 8100 used for BB enterprise -s as I wanted the device reset and used with another SIM card.

The device showed a lock under Security / General settings / password: Enabled - I cant change that setting to no password.

Even more boring in the dvanced options the Media Card support was set to : off as well - could not change to on (wanted to install a 2GB microSD)

I used JL_Cmdr to wipe - installed several OS (firmware 4.2) (german and english) -allways when booting again both options still lock. I also used the pw wrong so the device wiped itself. Also this did not lea to sucess.

Who knows how I DO IT? Please help guys. Dont want to use the BB with the enterprise server anymore.

Thanks

Debby

dgray8
02-11-2007, 04:18 PM
first of all....have the BES that this BB was last registered to send it a "blank IT policy". That will enable all features that had been restricted/disabled.

After that you should be fine...but it wouldn't hurt to wipe it again after that...but you shouldn't need to

Stinsonddog
02-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

That's the only way.

debby1
02-11-2007, 05:40 PM
first of all....have the BES that this BB was last registered to send it a "blank IT policy". That will enable all features that had been restricted/disabled.

After that you should be fine...but it wouldn't hurt to wipe it again after that...but you shouldn't need to

Thanks - if not possible to connect again to the BES - is there any possibility to get rid of the restrictions by other means?

Debby

greggebhardt
02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks - if not possible to connect again to the BES - is there any possibility to get rid of the restrictions by other means?

Debby

Why can't you go the the BES people and have a blank policy sent?

dgray8
02-11-2007, 08:39 PM
i have been told by RIM that they have a test BES that they can use to send a blank IT policy.....but hold that as a last resort since RIM will make sure you exaust all other options before that one is used.

dgray8
02-11-2007, 08:40 PM
as long as the company is still in business and still has the BES you were on....it is their responsibility to send that blank IT policy...they are supposed to do that whenever any BB leaves the server (unless its dead beyond repair) and so if they didn't they screwed up and must fix their screwup.

John Clark
02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Give this a try:

Unlocking the Blackberry (http://blackberry.ig3.net/)

hf1khal
02-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Give this a try:

Unlocking the Blackberry (http://blackberry.ig3.net/)

And this does work. A friend of mine who left his firm (the BB was owned by him) and the company's IT refused to send the the policy as they said no BB gets a blank policy (the company forgot to exclude the ones that are actualy not owned by them). He did use it and all is clear. But one recomendation, once done, the use of JL_CMDER (http://www.blackberryforums.com/attachments/general-blackberry-discussion/4795d1155903533-jl_cmder-jl_cmder-v1.8.3-installer.zip) after doing so would be a great idea as some apps installed will still need the policy to be there. Wipe, reinstall the OS and then load all and it will be good to go.

debby1
02-13-2007, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=John Clark]Give this a try:

b
Thanks - it works! There is always a solution. You saved my day.

Debby

John Clark
02-13-2007, 06:03 PM
You're welcome....

Now if I could just find my way home.... anyone know which way is North?

dgray8
02-13-2007, 06:06 PM
*sigh* well I did try