PDA

View Full Version : Pearl 8100 with Nokia carkit cw-7

Pearl8100user
02-13-2007, 03:45 AM
Hi there new to Forum.

Had the Pearl 8100 for about a month.

Currently have nokia cw-7 carkit installed in car.

Worked fine with nokia cdma phone.

Unplugged cradle to enable bluetooth.

It does work but very erratic operation sometimes will ring in via the carkit and other times not.

Same when dailing out out or using voice dialling.

Times when not working Bluetooth. bluetooth still showing operation.

It would be nice to have operation in car as used to the phone mute etc.

Apart from the carkit the Pearl is great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:bb:

philF
02-13-2007, 04:25 AM
Hi
I have exactly the same problem! I am able to pair the device, and when you start the car etc the device connects and you get the hissing sound. However although it appears to be connected it doesn't seem to be! I have played around with the settings loads and just can't get it to work properly. I have come to the conclusion that it is not compatible. Fortunately my sony w850 connects and works ok so I am just going to forward my 8100 calls to that when in the car.....which brings me to my question...Anyone know how to quickly forward calls to another number, e.g. shortcut button?
If you get it working let me know!
Phil

linuxpro
02-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Sorry guys the 8100 doesn’t work to well with the CK-7W i have just finished trying out thr thb bury fixed car kit with cradle for charging the 8100 voice works by Bluetooth and it's the best that i have ever seen regarding car kits and blackberry’s

See link

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion/64601-thb-bury-blackberry-8100-pearl-uni-take-talk-cradle-dsp.html?highlight=thb

skeggysteve
02-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I've got a similar problem with the Nokia car kit. Fitter coming out of Friday to try to sort.

Sometimes it will connect, sometimes it will not dis-connect.

My problem is that O2 are paying for this a part of a contract - they agreed to supply car/van handsfree kit, they knew the phone, they knew the car/van - will be interesting to see how they sort it out !

Pearl8100user
02-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Hi there Linux Pro.
Thanks for the feed back.
I have looked at THB Bury. Unsure which model.
I have the car cradle already on order which will charge the Pearl.

Do you have any Specific Model Number for the Bluetooth part for handling the voice.
Diffenitly keen to get one and don't want the wrong one.

Thanks

Mark.