PDA

View Full Version : how to wipe BB with broken keyboard

ladydi
02-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I have a bb that has a bad keyboard and I cannot unlock it. I want to wipe it, but I cannot, for the life of me, find the thread (that I remember seeing a while back)that said how to wipe the device without using the software. And I can't use jlcmder because I don't have the password.

Raven
02-13-2007, 02:58 PM
And I can't use jlcmder because I don't have the password.
Why don't you have\know the unlock password?

bertiebassett
02-13-2007, 03:06 PM
provider you can type "blackberry" on the bb then you're good. Enter the password wrongly 10x and then it will reset. on 5/10 and 9/10 you need to confirm by typing blackberry..

if you have access to a BES then do a cradled activation and remote wipe..

If you can't do this then have you tried some permanent manual reformatting?
aka "hitting it with a hammer"

ladydi
02-13-2007, 03:08 PM
The bb belonged to one of my users. I could get the password from him, but then I was thinking - what if, for some reason, that weren't possible and I had to wipe the bb... So I want to know how to do it. (I deal with a lot of emergency preparedness and I think this would be good to know)

NJBlackBerry
02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
If you are on a BES, send a Kill Handheld command to it. No fuss, no muss.

ladydi
02-13-2007, 03:41 PM
that would have been smart, but I was worried that BES wouldn't save his settings, and I was in a bit of a hurry to get him a new one. Does it save the settings?

Also, I did figure out how to wipe it. I used the jlcmder. I just chose the option for not using a password and when it prompted me for one, I typed it wrong 10 times and it wiped the device. very handy and exactly what I wanted.