PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Error on BT-359 GPS connection. Please Help!

Treominator
02-13-2007, 03:26 PM
My Bluetooth setup finds the puck but then appears to "lose connection" almost immediately.
When I "start GPS" on the device, it links up for a half second and says Bluetooth "connection cannot be made.... check BT setup."
I have tried indoors and outdoors and the signal/battery appear good.
I work for a major corp that have several feaures disabled like 3rd party apps. Could that be a problem for a bluetooth connection??

I deleted the maps app at this point and am currently downloading the latest OS from Cingular (.88)
Thanks in advance!!!

claykin
02-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I assume you deleted the pairing and tried to re-pair the device with your phone? Have you tried other BT devices to confirm there's no issue with the BT hardware in your phone?

John Clark
02-13-2007, 06:02 PM
The BES IT Policy could very well be the problem. It could restrict more than just 3rd party apps.

Treominator
02-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Yes I tried pairing and unpairing. Deleting and re installing maps but still no luck.
It recognizes the puck for half a second before showing the error.

I know my corp policies are pretty strict about 3rd party apps but I don't think that would affect pairing a GPS device via Bluetooth would it?
Also, they don;t have Pearl on the corp lineup so their policies would (should) not have anything keeping the Pearls capapbility in mind.

This sucks!

Treominator
02-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Well, the thing is that the GPS unit shows up on the Maps OPTIONS window after I have it hooked up with via Bluetooth.

Its only when I START GPS on the program when it fails to connect..

ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
02-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Well, the thing is that the GPS unit shows up on the Maps OPTIONS window after I have it hooked up with via Bluetooth.

Its only when I START GPS on the program when it fails to connect..

What app are you using and what is your BB model? Sorry if it was said!!

Treominator
02-15-2007, 01:53 PM
BBMAPS on the PEARL (Cingular)