PDA

View Full Version : New user - Different Provider

Chopper
02-16-2007, 09:37 AM
We have a BES Express server, all the BB's etc provided through Orange.

We have a sister company and the manager there wants to use a BB as well.

We've agreed to put them on our server but their supplier say they need to have an Orange sim and move the mobile number to Orange for the BB to work with our server....is this true? Can't you have different providers on one server?

I was under the impression it doesn't matter? Apoligies if its a noobish question.

NJBlackBerry
02-16-2007, 09:52 AM
BES does not care at all about what carrier's BlackBerrys are on it. Orange is trying to sell you services that you do not need.

Chopper
02-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks NJBlackBerry.

Do you have a link of some sort to back that up, sorry to be a pain. They are bound to ask me to confirm this my end.....not that I don't trust you of course. :)

takeshi
02-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Whose supplier? Why not just get the Blackberry and set it up to confirm? Countless companies use BES with multiple carriers. You're not just relying on NJBlackberry's word. We use both Cingular and TMO.

bertiebassett
02-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks NJBlackBerry.

Do you have a link of some sort to back that up, sorry to be a pain. They are bound to ask me to confirm this my end.....not that I don't trust you of course. :)

I'll sell you some Blackberrys on O2 or Vodafone (we're a UK based independemt service provider) with a guarantee that you can chuck them back at me if they don't work on the Orange BES. Like NJBlackberry said the BES is completely network agnostic. We have many customers using multi-network devices on a single BES, including end-users in UK running on an Italian BES and end-users using German SIMS&Devices running from a london BES.

Of course when you say 'sister company' are they on the same "domain/forest" as your current BES?

Drop me a pm, we can discuss further..