PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Problems

wackberry_001
02-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Just opened my box with my new blackberry and I can't figure out how to turn it on. I am following the directions but it won't work. Help please!

moosehead
02-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Just opened my box with my new blackberry and I can't figure out how to turn it on. I am following the directions but it won't work. Help please!

What model do you have? Is your battery fully charged? Is your battery in your Blackberry?

wackberry_001
02-16-2007, 04:07 PM
7290 and yes the battery is in it and I was told it was fully charged upon aquisition.

moosehead
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
7290 and yes the battery is in it and I was told it was fully charged upon aquisition.

It probably isn't....mine wasn't and my instructions stated to charge fully before turning on. Try charging for 8 hours.

wackberry_001
02-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Alright I will try to figure out how to charge it and then try to turn it on. I hope the guy at the Flea Market did not rip me off. Thanks.

moosehead
02-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Alright I will try to figure out how to charge it and then try to turn it on. I hope the guy at the Flea Market did not rip me off. Thanks.

A flea market? Oh boy....it should have come with a charger. If not run by a store a grab one. Do you have a provider? ie Cingular, T-Mobile etc...? Did it come with a SIM card?

wackberry_001
02-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah it has everything. The charger has a little bit of black tape on it but it seems to be charging it. I plugged it in and it vibrated and beeped really loud but the screen is just showing that it is charging. I'm going to let it charge while I clean some of this sticky residue off of it. My porvider is cingular and I called them and they said it would be no problem to hook it up or whatever they need to do or something. thanks.

wackberry_001
02-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Alright I seriously charged it for like ever. And now it turns on and I can see everything but it is frozen, like in time. I'm thinking I might have gotten the short end of the stick for the lord's sake!

328iGuy
02-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Alright I seriously charged it for like ever. And now it turns on and I can see everything but it is frozen, like in time. I'm thinking I might have gotten the short end of the stick for the lord's sake!

Why in the WORLD would you buy a Blackberry from a Flea Market? :oops:

moosehead
02-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Can u try doing a doing a hard reset? That is popping the battery out wait 30 seconds and pop back in. Let me know if that works.

wackberry_001
02-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Why in the WORLD would you buy a Blackberry from a Flea Market? :oops:

Flea markets are so much more modern today than they used to be. This one stand sells high-end vcr players...all of them very nice.

wackberry_001
02-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Can u try doing a doing a hard reset? That is popping the battery out wait 30 seconds and pop back in. Let me know if that works.

Actually that worked! Thank you. However, I am receiving someone else's e-mail...freaky stuff. I'm going to the service provider located in the flea market tomorrow to get this figured out.

JSanders
02-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Actually that worked! Thank you. However, I am receiving someone else's e-mail...freaky stuff. I'm going to the service provider located in the flea market tomorrow to get this figured out.

Oh yea, the flea market vendor probably provides top-notch technical support for all the products he sells.

328iGuy
02-19-2007, 11:33 AM
:razz:

If he even admits to selling it to you...... :-o

moosehead
02-19-2007, 11:55 AM

Yeah sounds like the previous owners accont info etc...has not been wiped from the blackberry. Glad to hear you got it powered up and working.

Couple of things you may want to do:

1)Confirm with the seller(flea market dude) or Cingular that the previous owner has released the PIN # and on the device.

2)Then go to options, advanced, applications, service books and delete the service book(s) related to their email--it will be obvious which ones by the old email address.

ps I'm sure others on this forum have had the same problem. I'd search around for solution. May require you wiping the whole thing etc...

wackberry_001
02-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Oh yea, the flea market vendor probably provides top-notch technical support for all the products he sells.

Word has it, he's the best. Its just kind of hard to understand him because he has an artificial larynx due to years of smoking unfiltered cigarettes. I don't think it is any reason to judge.

wackberry_001
02-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah sounds like the previous owners accont info etc...has not been wiped from the blackberry. Glad to hear you got it powered up and working.

Couple of things you may want to do:

1)Confirm with the seller(flea market dude) or Cingular that the previous owner has released the PIN # and on the device.

2)Then go to options, advanced, applications, service books and delete the service book(s) related to their email--it will be obvious which ones by the old email address.

ps I'm sure others on this forum have had the same problem. I'd search around for solution. May require you wiping the whole thing etc...

Thanks! Raul (tech support at the flea market) walked me through some of that over the phone but I have a meeting with his boss, Jose (artificial larynx) tomorrow at his stand to make sure it is working correctly. I really appreciate all of your help.

wackberry_001
02-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Alright friends and foes alike! I have a feeling the service provider with the artificial larynx isn't going to be my best bet if I want to have reliable service. Other than the fact he only deals in cash, I have to pick up my monthly statements in person and pay immediately, and I can't understand him through his robotic spanglish, he is a nice gentleman but i feel I would be better served elsewhere. Any service provider suggestions?

Tech Grunt
02-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Is it me or does this seem dubious to anyone else?

I smell a troll....

Grunt

moosehead
02-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Alright friends and foes alike! I have a feeling the service provider with the artificial larynx isn't going to be my best bet if I want to have reliable service. Other than the fact he only deals in cash, I have to pick up my monthly statements in person and pay immediately, and I can't understand him through his robotic spanglish, he is a nice gentleman but i feel I would be better served elsewhere. Any service provider suggestions?

Oh man this keeps getting better....I thought you just bought the device from him and got it hooked up with YOUR service provider like Cingular, Tmobile, Sprint etc.... So do you know what service provider is listed on your BB?

I'd suggest looking at coverage maps in your area for each provider i've listed before choosing. I'm not sure how much you paid for this BB but I'd just cut your losses and move on.

dbdynsty25
02-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I would tend to think the OP is being sarcastic. You guys are GULLIBLE.

teddyherrera
02-23-2007, 03:12 PM
haha, STOLEN, juan valdez and the donkey owned you!