PDA

View Full Version : 8800 Unlocked Blackberry with Mailstreet BES and T-mobile service

Lyleberry
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
(y) Blackberry 8800 with mailstreet.com BES and Tmobile service

I first called mailstreet and asked them for a new enterprise activation code. I then purchased 8800 with a line from AT&T and never actually called the contract confirmation number to activate the device or agreed to the terms of the contract. I then contacted Adam at gsmphonesource.com and gave him the IMEI number of the unit. Within minutes of sending him a paypal payment he sent me an unlock code with the following instructions.

742**************
Is your code

8800 unlocking info

Can be done without a sim card inserted

1. go to settings

2 go to options

3. go to advanced options

4. go to sim card

5. Type MEPD (not case sensitive) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )

6. Does it say Network active? if so your phone is locked

7. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE ( not case sensitive ) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )

8. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the 16 digit unlock code, press in the trackball to confirm

9. Your phone is now unlocked

I then installed my T-Mobile sim and it automatically started to send T mobile service book with all T-mobile desktop items. All I did next was change the Theme to get rid of all the Cingular Crap and then started to hide Icons that I would never be using. I’m happy to report that the only sign of Cingular is the Logo that is imprinted on the case.

I forgot to mention I went to enterprise activation and entered the three letter code that mailstreet gave me and everything loaded including my old emails that I had in my old 8700. This was not the same case last time I made the original switch to my 8700. It lost the old emails.

andrej770
02-20-2007, 06:47 PM
(y) Blackberry 8800 with mailstreet.com BES and Tmobile service

I first called mailstreet and asked them for a new enterprise activation code.

I forgot to mention I went to enterprise activation and entered the three letter code that mailstreet gave me and everything loaded including my old emails that I had in my old 8700. This was not the same case last time I made the original switch to my 8700. It lost the old emails.

I did the same right after you posted this morning. I paid and all. Still haven't gotten a response from them. I guess I have to wait around for the gsmphonesource.com guy to get back from <whatever keeps him busy during the day> :-) to do this. ARGH!!!!! Oh the agony of having to wait!!!!! LOL

wwilson
02-20-2007, 06:53 PM
...I then purchased 8800 with a line from AT&T and never actually called the contract confirmation number to activate the device or agreed to the terms of the contract.

I am curious how much you paid for the device and how this part works? Would Cingular just not charge you the full price for the device? :?

gsmps
02-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I did the same right after you posted this morning. I paid and all. Still haven't gotten a response from them. I guess I have to wait around for the gsmphonesource.com guy to get back from <whatever keeps him busy during the day> :-) to do this. ARGH!!!!! Oh the agony of having to wait!!!!! LOL

I make it very clear when ordering that all codes are emailed at night. Hang in there

andrej770
02-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I make it very clear when ordering that all codes are emailed at night. Hang in there

I know I know. I was poking fun. :-)

gsmps
02-21-2007, 12:06 AM
whew, anyway I hope everyone got their code ok

andrej770
02-21-2007, 12:30 AM
whew, anyway I hope everyone got their code ok

Worked perfectly.

Thanks.

Now I have to get my Pearl Unlocked too.

I'll be back. :-)

ilamad
05-22-2007, 04:30 PM
does anyone know where i can get d unlock code for the blackberry 8800 T- mobile ?