PDA

View Full Version : 8800 MMS Ready?

marvalous
02-20-2007, 04:35 PM
A friend saw my 8800 and wanted to get one. Well she goes to Cingular today (Boca Raton, FL) and one of the reps tells her there is a recall on it. It supposedly is unable to send/receive photos. Had to ask you guys since I know you all are better informed. Any truth to this?

untjoker
02-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Doubt they would have to recall it for that as much as they could point you to a Cingular website and it would download the settings for you a la T-mobile's internet configurator......

jprincipe
02-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Interesting you say that. I was on the phone with Tech support yesterday and today trying to get that to work. Let me know if they have an official recall announcement

LunkHead
02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
That issue could be resolved with a software release so I *doubt* they are going to recall a million devices when all they'd have to do is put the engineers on a software fix.....

nsimpson
02-20-2007, 06:15 PM
A friend saw my 8800 and wanted to get one. Well she goes to Cingular today (Boca Raton, FL) and one of the reps tells her there is a recall on it. It supposedly is unable to send/receive photos. Had to ask you guys since I know you all are better informed. Any truth to this?

Well the 8800 doesnt take photos so im pretty sure it shouldnt be able to send out any if none are able to be taken. You still should be able to forward a image though.

Pizzle
02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
The theory would also be that you could send any photos through MMS.

Lunkhead is dead on. IF this is an issue, it's a software one at most. Not every Cingular rep is knowledgable *gasp*. Shocker. Same could be said about any carrier.

No reason to freak out.

marvalous
02-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks so much! See, I knew you guys would know. :wink:

LunkHead
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
It's all good! :)

Glad the stress level came down a bit :) :)

archer6
02-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Here's how I got it to work on my new 8800.

I sent myself just two, from my other phone and now it works perfectly. Another friend that got his 8800 at the same time I did, had the same experience and again after sending two MMS files to his BB now it works just fine.

That was the last issue (and actually the first) that I had to deal with and now everything works very well and I'm completely satisfied with the 8800.

Hope this helps.

Cheers...