PDA

View Full Version : Blank Blackberry Address Book Entries

Chichum
02-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi - When synching the blackberry with the PC, it attempts to copy my address book. Desktop manager says i have 140 records in the phone, which is probably right. Then it says i have 337 records in lotus notes, but not nearly that many show up in the address book. When I look at the details of the records that it wants to add, most of them are blank. I need to get rid of those bum records so that it can successfully sync, which it cannot now because of the blank records.

Any ideas what's going on?

stella
02-22-2007, 07:08 AM
you are syncing the address book up incorrectly.

from the mail file at the top goto actions and scroll down to sync address book.

note - this sync your address book

pls make a backup of the device and names.nsf file in your notes folder, so if it goes wrong you have a copy

zhenyaw1
03-09-2007, 03:44 AM
You might be replicating the e-mails to a server copy "database"
eg. sdbo5707 filename: PerNABS\username

First check your Address Book> user name to see what MSGM server your on. Make sure its corresponding to the current inbox.

Check first in C:\Documents and Settings\(XP account\Local Settings\Application Data\ Lotus\Notes\Data\ [RENAME BOOKMARKS.NSF to BOOKMARKS_OLD.NSF] Launch NAMES.NSF

once launched check to see if your entries are 140.

If it is, essentially the bes server has a replicated PerNABS server copy of your address book.

-Make sure H:\config\NotesConfig\Notes.ini is that same size as on the local drive, this willl bridge the connection> right click your inbox> refresh design> input just only your MSGM#### in the server field.

Also Delete CACHE.NDK
C:\Documents and Settings\(XP account\Local Settings\Application Data\ Lotus\Notes\Data\Cache.ndk

[EXAMPLE] John Smith

SEARCH: John Smith/NewYork/DBNA/DeuBa
Search log: FOUND ON : BlackberryNA02/DBNA/DeuBa
User: CN=John Smith/OU=NewYork/OU=DBNA/O=DeuBa
PIN: 3003102F (example)
BES Server: CN=BlackberryNA02/OU=DBNA/O=DeuBa
State DB: BES\state\1106784589.nsf
Mail File: mail4\SMITJOH.NSF <-----------users id file located in C:\.....Notes\Data
Routing Info: S123678
Network Type: CDMA
Currently Craddled: NO
MDS status: ENABLED <---------must be on
Wireless Calandar: ENABLED
Forward Filter: Forward messages to the handhekd by default if filters don't match

-I just need more information for me to help you out