PDA

View Full Version : New 8800: Couple questions

offroadr35
02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
1) I have "dial from home screen turned off so I can use keyboard shortcuts, BUT it seems like my speed dials won't work on any key that has a keyboard shortcut. For example, my mom is speed dial "M" but if I press and hold M I go to Messages no matter what I do.

2) How do I keep BB Messenger messages from showing up in my Message folder?

I think that's it for now.

Thanks

bollar
02-21-2007, 09:55 PM
1) I have "dial from home screen turned off so I can use keyboard shortcuts, BUT it seems like my speed dials won't work on any key that has a keyboard shortcut. For example, my mom is speed dial "M" but if I press and hold M I go to Messages no matter what I do.

2) How do I keep BB Messenger messages from showing up in my Message folder?

I think that's it for now.

Thanks

2 -- In messenger options, turn off "show conversations in message list"

bpdunsta
02-21-2007, 10:14 PM

The speed dials work with "dial from home screen" turned off, even the ones assigned to keys that are also application shortcuts....you just press and hold the key a little longer.

Hope this helps.

JohnJohn
02-21-2007, 10:19 PM
2 -- In messenger options, turn off "show conversations in message list"

Thanks for that one!

Rhack9
02-21-2007, 10:26 PM
When I have my 8800 in the Normal profile, a sound notifies me when I get a BBM or SMS message. However, there is no audio notification for new email messages. In the Vibrate profile the phone vibrates twice when I get any type of message, including email. Any idea how I can get an audio notification for emails in the Normal profile? Thanks in advance.

bollar
02-21-2007, 10:29 PM
When I have my 8800 in the Normal profile, a sound notifies me when I get a BBM or SMS message. However, there is no audio notification for new email messages. In the Vibrate profile the phone vibrates twice when I get any type of message, including email. Any idea how I can get an audio notification for emails in the Normal profile? Thanks in advance.

Edit the profile and change "out of holster" to tone and volume to something other than mute.

That should be all you need to do.

Rhack9
02-21-2007, 10:34 PM
worked like a charm. many thanks.