PDA

View Full Version : Had a demo of the 8800 today, nice device – Not for me though!

herdie
02-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi,

The story is; I got a 8100 last week (Sat) from T-Mobile and got a great deal on it and I must say I’m happy enough, just I find the sure type a little tricky. Over the last 5 days I have been ready more and more about the wondrous 8800 and thought to myself, have I made a mistake here, should have waited a week and got the 8800 with QWERTY? I have read lots about the 8100 and the 8800 and it’s a pretty close call for me. So, I heard that my local Vodafone store was getting the 8800’s in today so on my lunch break I went down for a demo (I have 14days to return my 8100, so if the 8800 suits me better I could go that route) I must say as soon as I seen it the size surprised me, it seemed a lot bigger than I imagined, so I have a quick mess around with the device and found the qwerty to be a dream. But apart from that it was exactly like my 8100, now that might sound obvious but I just needed to check it out for myself.

At the end of the day it is a lovely device but it’s just not as ‘pocketable’ as I imagined, to be honest the 8700 looked dwarfed by it. For me that is a big deal, I need something I can send/receive short emails on and a device that I can slip into my jeans pocket and go to the club, go shopping, ride my motorcycle with, …whatever! and the 8100 does just that.

Like I say, may seem obvious but I just had to explore the 8800 as an option and though I would tell you guys about my experience. (y)

takeshi
02-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Y'all must have tiny pockets or something... Even the 8700 fits in mine.

WorldIRC
02-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I shove a treo in my pockets no problem

backbeat
02-22-2007, 11:26 AM
At the end of the day it is a lovely device but it’s just not as ‘pocketable’ as I imagined, to be honest the 8700 looked dwarfed by it. For me that is a big deal, I need something I can send/receive short emails on and a device that I can slip into my jeans pocket and go to the club, go shopping, ride my motorcycle with, …whatever! and the 8100 does just that.
A fair assessment. Thanks and good luck.