PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo with Windows Live Messenger contacts

jeffmik
02-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Yahoo Messenger now allows you to add contacts using Windows Live Messenger. I added a couple using the desktop software and have no problem communicating but when I log in with the Blackberry I don't see those contacts.

Anyone know if there is an update coming for the Blackberry Yahoo software?

This could be the MSN solution everyone has been waiting for...

jeffmik
02-23-2007, 10:04 AM
honestly, i'm surprised no one else has even tried this... there are so many posts about getting MSN to work on the blackberry that I figured this would get more responses?

asdf37
05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
*deleted

jibi
05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
The federation between the Yahoo and Windows Live IM clients are handled within their respective clients. I doubt we'll see this federation carry over to mobile clients, with the exception of WLM for Windows Mobile (if then).

On a side note, if your corporation is on BES 4.1+ and has an Live Communications Server/Office Communications Servers (LCS/OCS) deployment with Office Communicator and Public IM Connectivity (PIC) enabled with federation to the IM clouds, then you can chat with contacts on AIM, Yahoo, MSN and internally (Office Communicator) from Enterprise Messenger on the BlackBerry.

musicman
05-02-2007, 08:00 PM
I asked the same thing about 2 days in this thread http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/74740-yahoo-messenger-bb7250-question.html

Never really got a answer then either.

I wish it would work.

Musicman

gmmt
05-27-2007, 10:16 AM
I also had this question.. weird thing is that I see just one of my msn contacts on the 'msn' list within the Yahoo IM BB client. Thought that maybe the reason for not seeing my other contacts was b'cse they were not using Windows Live IM. But some are and they are not showing up.

ilovegadgets
05-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Yahoo Messenger now allows you to add contacts using Windows Live Messenger. I added a couple using the desktop software and have no problem communicating but when I log in with the Blackberry I don't see those contacts.

Anyone know if there is an update coming for the Blackberry Yahoo software?

This could be the MSN solution everyone has been waiting for...

You can get your msn contacts onto Google Talk no problem - follow this guide:
Connect Google Talk to AIM, MSN, & Yahoo - BigBlueBall Forums (http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/google-talk-news/33739-connect-google-talk-aim-msn-yahoo.html)

I did the necessary and it works great using the RIM Google Talk client...looks good too.

jeffmik
05-28-2007, 10:36 PM
thanks for bringing up the Google Talk hack, but it really isn't a dependable permanent option for MSN based on my time using it.

flasheadito
11-13-2007, 09:12 PM
thanks a lot, but at this time, anyone knows another way to use free msn client?

shona67
11-14-2007, 07:05 AM
thanks a lot, but at this time, anyone knows another way to use free msn client?

Try Yahoo Messenger's new verison 2.0.

JimmyJamester
04-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I downloaded Jive Talk BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go (http://www.beejive.com/products.php) so much more simple to download for every user has like a 30 day trial then only 19.95 to register worth it