PDA

View Full Version : [Verizon] Turning OFF SMS Message of New Voice-Mail Received

Tri-Tip
02-22-2007, 07:57 PM
I tried to post this question the other day, but completely messed up what I was writing.

I would like my Verizon Blackberry to NOT receive an SMS Message from Verizon when I get a new voice mail.

The reason for this is that I have our servers at work setup to SMS message me when one of them detects a problem with another server. I would like the SMS message tone to mean to me that there is a server problem that I need to look into right away. I don't want to have to jump to the Blackberry to check just because I hear the SMS tone and it's a voice mail that I missed because I was in the other room or on the other phone.

I don't receive SMS messages from friends or coworkers, so those are not an issue.

I spoke with Verizon's Blackberry support and they don't even acknowledge that their service sends an SMS message upon receipt of a new Voice-Mail and thinks that I might be getting them because my number was originally a Nextel Number on a Blackberry and ported to Verizon.

Has anyone been able to do this?

takeshi
02-22-2007, 09:43 PM
It's definitely their voicemail system sending the SMS and they'll have to disable it. I mean, your BB isn't creating the SMS on its own...

bremere
02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
that msg is the way the BB alerts you to a new voicemail. It is not an SMS message that is coming from the network, it is originating from the BB...i believe that you can disable it, but i can't find it in my bb menu right now...

-emb

virusboy286
02-23-2007, 05:24 AM
This is how I got the Bb to only show an icon and tell me in the foreground of VM
Go to the Phone app and click the trackwheel
Choose options
Choose call logging
Choose the option of "none"
This will eliminate this

junior1790
02-23-2007, 09:50 AM
This is how I got the Bb to only show an icon and tell me in the foreground of VM
Go to the Phone app and click the trackwheel
Choose options
Choose call logging
Choose the option of "none"
This will eliminate this

Not true< my call logging has always been set to none and i still get an sms every single f****** time.....

gdpmumin
02-24-2007, 01:18 AM
that msg is the way the BB alerts you to a new voicemail. It is not an SMS message that is coming from the network, it is originating from the BB...i believe that you can disable it, but i can't find it in my bb menu right now...

-emb

It is the network sending the SMS notification of new voicemail and it can't be turned off. You can't find it on your BB menu because it isn't there.

smilingburgers
02-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I too would love to turn this off. This is not a BB only symptom. It happened on my other phones as well. Anyone out there have any thoughts on how to turn this off?

virusboy286
02-24-2007, 04:44 PM
The title asked it, if it would be better to ask the carrier or the developer forum on this?

I go for carrier first.

Jay5
02-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Just tossing it out there but Verizon will let you disable the voicemail service. I love this much more. It forces people to email me, and when people email they normally think about what they are going to write.

So if you disable VM then no SMS.