PDA

View Full Version : Implement Blackberry in an organistation

Parveen
04-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Hi,

Sorry to be a pain, but this is my first post and I am not sure if this is the correct forum. Anyway here is my problem:-

My compnay has decided to implement Blackberrys. We want to use it with Vodafone. Some of our users have dual sim, so would this be possible.

How does a blackberry link in with exchange 2003. We will mainly be using it for directors and sales guys who need access to there e-mails. What type of attachments can be viewed? Can they be viewed at all?

What is coverage like in the UK. Does it also work from Europe and the USA.

If anyones knows where I could get the answers for all these questions I will be very greatful. Many thanks,

Parveen

bfrye
04-15-2005, 08:37 AM
You would probably want to check out BES 4.0 for your org. You can get an eval copy from RIM to try out for 60 days. It should cover just about anything you are wanting to do.

throne
04-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Seriously? I've only been offered a "buy and try" copy of BES 4.0 for 30 days. Hrm.

rhwd2003
04-15-2005, 12:48 PM
in the web client you can setup OWA access to your exchange email and download all of it on your blackberry without having to have BES.. i have this setup on 10 blackberry's here at work

merlin
04-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Seriously? I've only been offered a "buy and try" copy of BES 4.0 for 30 days. Hrm.

Hi. I found that the BES software itself from RIM supplied as a demo from them or mobile operators will run for 60 days BUT most mobile operators only let you do a "buy and try" for 30 days. Does your demo include the Handhelds as well?

We actually did a trial for 30 days from three different mobile companies, so actually got 90 days to decide! In three months we've gone from no bb's to over 60, with more being ordered by users each day!

Merlin