PDA

View Full Version : 7100t not working in venezuela

aldona
02-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Hello All I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a BB 7100t in canada. It is supposed to be quad band and supported world wide. I purchased a sim card when I arrived put it in and it tells me it is searching for network. It will by the looks of it dial the emergency number here but thats it.

Is there anything I can do to confirm that it has lock to the right band 900mgh as far as I remember?

dc/dc
02-24-2007, 09:06 PM
You wouldn't have purchased a 7100t in Canada as T-Mobile does not provide service there. Are you sure it was a 7100t? If it is indeed a 7100t, has it been SIM unlocked in order to allow usage of SIM cards from another provider besides T-Mobile USA?

aldona
02-24-2007, 10:50 PM
You wouldn't have purchased a 7100t in Canada as T-Mobile does not provide service there. Are you sure it was a 7100t? If it is indeed a 7100t, has it been SIM unlocked in order to allow usage of SIM cards from another provider besides T-Mobile USA?

Yes it was in canada as t-mobile but was unlocked. Here is the link:

factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=BL7100

It says that it is unlocked.

I am at odds since this should work.

JerryinTO
02-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Yes it was in canada as t-mobile but was unlocked. Here is the link:

factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=BL7100

It says that it is unlocked.

I am at odds since this should work.

I have the same one. What you'll have to do is get a local SIM card in Venezuela so that your calls to local numbers will be local calls. You will NOT be able to use your Rogers Blackberry plan down there if you stich the SIM cards.

I had an unlocked Motorola that I used in Poland with a local SIM card. It worked fine

J

aldona
02-25-2007, 01:54 PM
I have the same one. What you'll have to do is get a local SIM card in Venezuela so that your calls to local numbers will be local calls. You will NOT be able to use your Rogers Blackberry plan down there if you stich the SIM cards.

I had an unlocked Motorola that I used in Poland with a local SIM card. It worked fine

J

I did get a local sim but it still not working. It keeps searching for the network but never connects. The only contact I get is with a the emergency number.

dc/dc
02-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I did get a local sim but it still not working. It keeps searching for the network but never connects. The only contact I get is with a the emergency number.

Have you tried a hard reset (pulling battery)?
Is the SIM card new?
If not, have you cleaned it?
Have you tried a different SIM?
What OS version is on your BlackBerry?

aldona
02-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Have you tried a hard reset (pulling battery)?
Is the SIM card new?
If not, have you cleaned it?
Have you tried a different SIM?
What OS version is on your BlackBerry?

It is a new sim, I have not tried another one. It is difficult to get my hands on another. I will have to go into the store and see if I can try anoother.
In terms of OS I'm not sure. What ever the phone came with.

dc/dc
02-26-2007, 09:42 AM
It is a new sim, I have not tried another one. It is difficult to get my hands on another. I will have to go into the store and see if I can try anoother.
In terms of OS I'm not sure. What ever the phone came with.

Please try another SIM card. Who is the provider?

To find your OS version, go to Options > About.

aldona
02-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Please try another SIM card. Who is the provider?

To find your OS version, go to Options > About.

The provider is digitel. The OS ver 4.10.309 plateform1.8.0.146. I was told today that this phone does not support the right band.I assumed quad band ment every band was supported. Is there something I am missing?

dc/dc
02-26-2007, 02:54 PM
The provider is digitel. The OS ver 4.10.309 plateform1.8.0.146. I was told today that this phone does not support the right band.I assumed quad band ment every band was supported. Is there something I am missing?

Yes, the 7100 series supports every GSM band, so whoever told you it doesn't is wrong.

Have you tried a manual network select?

aldona
02-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Yes, the 7100 series supports every GSM band, so whoever told you it doesn't is wrong.

Have you tried a manual network select?

I have tried manual network select but it only give me energency calls.

I am hoping the card is just defective and that the everything will work fine when I try with a new one. Will try later on today.

Will keep you posted.

aldona
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I have tried manual network select but it only give me energency calls.

I am hoping the card is just defective and that the everything will work fine when I try with a new one. Will try later on today.

Will keep you posted.

Finally gave up. After all the jerking around from digitel, I just went to their competition and picked up a phone for $20.00 which they through back onto the phone as airtime, so I really got the phone for free. Much easier solution down here. Anyway thatks for all the help, I will continue to use the phone at home.

nomarj
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Hello All I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a BB 7100t in canada. It is supposed to be quad band and supported world wide. I purchased a sim card when I arrived put it in and it tells me it is searching for network. It will by the looks of it dial the emergency number here but thats it.

Is there anything I can do to confirm that it has lock to the right band 900mgh as far as I remember?

Hola, lei tu comentario, si se puede, yo tengo un 7105T, cualquier cosa me escribes a mi correo nomarj@<hidden> y te digo como!

jeronimo
03-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Digitel? Yo tngo uno movistar y si se puede :)! Aoraa movistar viene con chip, aunque el mio sea uno 7250!..

jeronimo
03-02-2007, 08:35 AM
ahora eres movistar! (Y)! Mejor que ser nichetel!. .:P!