PDA

View Full Version : No browser on 8800

Fuj
02-24-2007, 09:05 PM
I seem to have lost my browsers on my 8800. They were there - but now gone. I did the BB Maps install. I see it in my Options>Applications list but no icons and no links work. Any ideas?

Dan

NJBlackBerry
02-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Try going to Options / Advanced / Host Routing Table
You will see a bunch of entries
Click the menu key and select "Register Now"

See if that helps.

dc/dc
02-24-2007, 09:11 PM
You're definitely short on service books. Follow NJBlackBerry's advice or go to your carrier's BIS site and re-send the service books.

Fuj
02-25-2007, 01:05 AM
just logged into my bis and resent service books - back in business!

thanks!
dan

arpaterson
03-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I am having the same problem as others who have posted here i.e. missing browser, ‘blackberry help’ and email set up.

I have had this problem in the past and by going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table and then selecting "Register Now" it fixed the problem.

This time it does not bring back the browser icon. I receive the message to confirm that my Blackberry has registered with the network. I have the GRPS icon and my email (via Corporate BES) is working fine so I am pretty sure I am registered on the network.

I had a look at some of the other settings and noticed that under Options>Advanced Options>Service Book the following service books are showing as disallowed:

O2 UK WAPtrans [WAP]
O2 UK Secure WAPtrans [WAP]
WAP MMS Transport [WAP]

I have also noticed under Options>Security Options>General Settings the IT policy was last updated yesterday and that under Options> Advanced Options>Browser the default browser configuration is blank and cannot be changed

I have spoken to my helpdesk team / BES Admin and they say that there has been no recent update to the security policies.

I have also tried installing the Opera browser but get a message about connections inside and outside the firewall which are not allowed by the IT policy.

Thanks for any help you may be to provide.

My set up:
Device : Pearl
Carrier : O2 in the UK