PDA

View Full Version : Removing bbWeather?

kjaslow
02-25-2007, 02:21 PM
How the heck to I get rid of bbWeather? You'd think I'd just go to push services and delete, but that's not doing it.

Here's the scenario... I used bbWeather on my 8700, and found it pretty useful. In addition to finding the link useful, I also just like the icon updating to give me a quick snapshot of the weather. "Just look out the window" right? Nope. I live in San Francisco, and some days, it looks like it's going to rain, but turns out that it's just thick fog that's going to burn off. And sometimes, the fog leaves us to reveal clouds and eventually rain. So, the icon is sometimes handy to have.

When I upgraded from the 8700 to the 8800 I used the migration utility, which moved many of my applications, including bbWeather. But the icon is static now. Today, it shows sunny, 71-degrees. But when you click the link, it shows that today is a rainy 50-degrees.

I figured I'd delete and re-install the application. Went to my push services, found bbweather and chose the delete option. Then I rebooted my BB. The icon is still there telling me I should plan for a warm day outside!

I checked the Applications list, and the modules. I cannot see which one is associated with bbWeather, so I just can't get this sucker off my applications list! Anyone?

LunkHead
02-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Is it BBWeather or the Push Weather from BBMobile??

LunkHead
02-25-2007, 02:32 PM
If it's BBWeather then it uses the following Modules:

BBWeather
BBWeather Icons
BBUtils

kjaslow
02-25-2007, 02:33 PM
It's the push service. Sorry for the confusion...

NJBlackBerry
02-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Options / Advanced / Applications
BBWeather is right on top; click the Menu click and select Delete.

kjaslow
02-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Sorry again... I just loaded bbWeather, and it rocks! I've never spent the time to look it over. Now, if I could just lose that damn useless push weather thing!!!

Stinsonddog
02-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry again... I just loaded bbWeather, and it rocks! I've never spent the time to look it over. Now, if I could just lose that damn useless push weather thing!!!

You have to delete the browswer push bookmark for it.

kjaslow
02-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Ahhhhhhh....big sigh of relief. That was a nice catch. Thanks!

brmcguire
02-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I actually like the concept of the push weather. I just wish weather updates would come more frequent. I set it for twice a day, but often find half the day I still have a moon icon from the previous night.

wwilson
02-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Where do I download the latest version from?

NJBlackBerry
02-25-2007, 06:11 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/316-updated-blackberry-killer-software-utilities-thread.html

Easily found either using the search function (at the top of every screen) or by checking out the outstanding Sticky Thread FAQs at the top of the General BlackBerry Discussion forum.

Good luck!

Perfect Storm
02-25-2007, 08:00 PM
You have to delete the browswer push bookmark for it.
I think that only removes it until the next push. You have to actually go to mobile.blackberry.com and unsubscribe from it.

Stinsonddog
02-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Actually the latest BBWeather is linked at my site. .75 which alphas the list of locations and uses ALt-space to update.

wwilson
02-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks