PDA

View Full Version : Default browser?

briank555
02-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Is there a way to make links in messages open up in Opera Mini instead of the bb browser? I tried searching but couldn't find anything on it. Thanks!

virusboy286
02-25-2007, 04:22 PM
No, you still can't, I should have included that in my post, but, when just checked, the get link choice goes straight to the default (Blackberry) Opera can't be set as Default because its 3rd party software, though I wish I could to. Instead copy and paste the link in OperaMini.

ericsemail
02-26-2007, 03:27 AM
I had a similar question, but not for Opera but for the Internet Browser. I have a 8700c (just purchased w/ Cingular) and it came w/ two browsers: Cingular Browser and Internet Browser (which shows the BB logo). The Internet Browser is by far better than the Cingular one, yet all the 'Get Links's open up the Cingular one. No way to fix this, eh? :/

virusboy286
02-26-2007, 09:57 PM
I had a similar question, but not for Opera but for the Internet Browser. I have a 8700c (just purchased w/ Cingular) and it came w/ two browsers: Cingular Browser and Internet Browser (which shows the BB logo). The Internet Browser is by far better than the Cingular one, yet all the 'Get Links's open up the Cingular one. No way to fix this, eh? :/

I think you have the internet browser set on the wap browser, (t-zones for tmo) (express for ciingular), change to internet browser.

ericsemail
02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I think you have the internet browser set on the wap browser, (t-zones for tmo) (express for ciingular), change to internet browser.

Sorry, I'm new here. I'm not quite sure what this is saying? What do I change? and where? Thanks again for the help.

~Eric

virusboy286
02-26-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry, but I've been having issues with my internet.

Go to options
Advanced Options
Browser
And the setting is Default Browser
Change to Internet Browser.

ericsemail
02-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Wow. Thanks so much. Works perfectly. The bottom one is still Cingular--but I'm assuming it's supposed to be. Thanks again.

virusboy286
02-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I have t-zones in there as well so ignore it.

If you have any questions about service or apps come to the forums first. I'm sure everyone will help the best they can.

MikeB
02-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Go to options
Advanced Options
Browser
And the setting is Default Browser
Change to Internet Browser.

Thats what i want to do.. using a group policy for multiple users..
Can anyone help ?

virusboy286
02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Thats what i want to do.. using a group policy for multiple users..
Can anyone help ?

What's your MDS Browser configuration set to?